cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commonwealth Financial Hit CRA 12/11/2013 - Northeast Credit & Collect Hit CRA 2/5/2014 - SAME?

tag
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

Commonwealth Financial Hit CRA 12/11/2013 - Northeast Credit & Collect Hit CRA 2/5/2014 - SAME?

I have a hit from Commonwealth Financial on Dec 11th that states the amount of $801 and supposedly for a medical bill for my son in January 2009. I have never received a bill for this emergency physician they state they are collecting for, and I was responsible for all of his bills (he was 12) and I kept a spreadsheet of all the bills that were received. 

I also just got an alert from myFICO that there was the same charge/amount posted to my account on 2/5/14 by Northeast Credit & Collect, in the amount of $801, totally unknown to me. And when I Google NCC, it states that they were bought out by Commonwealth Financial in 2001. I may have to pull my 3 CR's again. Was hoping to hold off until my payoff of my CC yesterday reports on the 8th-10th to the CRAs.

In Washington CCs are 3 years, but written contracts are 6 years, some sites say medical is 3 in Washington and some say 6 years SOL.  It gets a bit confusing if the SOL is 3 years or 6 years. The bill just turned 5 years in January, according to the information the CRA (EX) gave me from a dispute I placed. When I spoke with EX and questioned that they turned the dispute over within 48 hours, they stated that it was all automated and that they were only required to verify a few items, my name, SS#, address, but not any documentation. Without validating the bill with the CA at this time, I am trying to decide if I should make a PFD offer for 50% or 100%. My credit score took a hit (dropped) 68 points (from 673 to 605) in December.  According to the CRA this would fall off in October of 2015.

Waiting until October of 2015 is not an option. I want to keep moving forward and not step back again.

(deep sigh) Any guidance with this is truly appreciated!  This site and the individuals in the myFICO community are Awesome!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
down_n_out
Contributor

Re: Commonwealth Financial Hit CRA 12/11/2013 - Northeast Credit & Collect Hit CRA 2/5/2014 - SA

They are the same company and tend to duplicate collection accounts under either name. They did that to me also. I just did a PFD with them for 3 medical bills. I say payoff your CC as you intended then negotiate with them for PFD. 

Message 2 of 5
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

Re: Commonwealth Financial Hit CRA 12/11/2013 - Northeast Credit & Collect Hit CRA 2/5/2014 - SA

Thank you for the speedy reply down_n_out ! Smiley Happy

I have paid the card off in full, but it does not report to CRA's until the 8th-10th (early next week). I was going to pull my reports and scores after that occurred, but not sure I should wait, as my Experian report is not showing it on my subscription pulled reports today (they only show the Commonwealth). 

When you PFD yours for both shown, how did you handle the different names and making sure that they both were removed, and who dod you send your PFD to...both?  I read about another myFICO sub that posted the Northeast Credit was a bear to remove from Equifax even with letter proof, etc.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 5
down_n_out
Contributor

I called them and they emailed me 3 separate letters to PFD for each account. I asked about the duplicates and they said once the 3 accounts they have for me are paid the deletions will remove all of them from both NE & CW. I am trusting that will happen with out issue but I won't know for sure till it happens because It will take up to 90 days for them remove though so I am still waiting. I called CommonWealth direct and thats it.

Message 4 of 5
baugh

Did they actually remove them from your credit report?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.