cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company agreed to a PFD but now has labeled my account as disputed... HELP???

tag
sammc1987
Established Member

Company agreed to a PFD but now has labeled my account as disputed... HELP???

I have been dealing with Credit Protection Association.  I emailed someone there with a PFD saying I will pay in full in exchange to have this taken off my report and disclaimers about not admitting to the debt and all that and if I didn't hear anything in 14 days I would request full verification of the debt well here is what I received...

Mr.. XXXXXXX(me),

Mr. XXXXXX(original recipient of e-mail) forwarded your email to me in regards to the aforementioned account that was submitted to our agency for collections.

I placed the account in dispute status and sent a delete request to all three national credit bureaus.  Please allow 3-4 weeks before requesting an updated credit report, as it can take that long for the bureaus to process the request and update their records.

Please respond to me with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX X XXXXX (responder of e-mail),

XXX, XX

XXXXX XXXX

What exactly does this mean to have a 'dispute' status, are the expecting me to pay it or are they admitting that they have no proof and just removing it?  Should I leave it alone and not pay it or should I send payment??

Any help would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Company agreed to a PFD but now has labeled my account as disputed... HELP???

@sammc1987 wrote:

I have been dealing with Credit Protection Association.  I emailed someone there with a PFD saying I will pay in full in exchange to have this taken off my report and disclaimers about not admitting to the debt and all that and if I didn't hear anything in 14 days I would request full verification of the debt well here is what I received...

Mr.. XXXXXXX(me),

Mr. XXXXXX(original recipient of e-mail) forwarded your email to me in regards to the aforementioned account that was submitted to our agency for collections.

I placed the account in dispute status and sent a delete request to all three national credit bureaus.  Please allow 3-4 weeks before requesting an updated credit report, as it can take that long for the bureaus to process the request and update their records.

Please respond to me with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX X XXXXX (responder of e-mail),

XXX, XX

XXXXX XXXX

What exactly does this mean to have a 'dispute' status, are the expecting me to pay it or are they admitting that they have no proof and just removing it?  Should I leave it alone and not pay it or should I send payment??

Any help would be much appreciated!

I had the same issue with credit protection, and it came off in 3 weeks.. I was too skeptical of the dispute tag, as it makes no sense, but its possible they do that so they have it on THEIR side in a certain file or sometihng.. who knows.. but I had no issues with the PFD with them

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 16
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Re: Company agreed to a PFD but now has labeled my account as disputed... HELP???

Hey - I've been trying to PFD with them too, but haven't gotten any response to my emails (info@ and artofcollectio@). Who did you email and how long did it take you to get a response?? Thanks!

Message 3 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Joteism wrote:

Hey - I've been trying to PFD with them too, but haven't gotten any response to my emails (info@ and artofcollectio@). Who did you email and how long did it take you to get a response?? Thanks!

My CPA file is at home, in my 'I used to be in huge debt and now Im in slightly better shape" file, but I promise to PM you my contact when I get home from work!

-scott

Message 4 of 16
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Oh I have that very same file Smiley Happy - Still long ways to go as you can see by my sig. Thanks a lot!

Message 5 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Joteism wrote:

Oh I have that very same file Smiley Happy - Still long ways to go as you can see by my sig. Thanks a lot!

I stlil have a few too! Smiley Happy its a fun game isn't it? ha

-scott

Message 6 of 16
sammc1987
Established Member

Just sent a response e-mail and indeed it is marked as disputed and the account is closed!  I was willing to pay money and close it but this was a much easier route!

Message 7 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@sammc1987 wrote:

Just sent a response e-mail and indeed it is marked as disputed and the account is closed!  I was willing to pay money and close it but this was a much easier route!

Yeah. It should come off shortly; this is exactly what happend with my file... but YMMV

-scott

Message 8 of 16
sammc1987
Established Member

@rckstrscott wrote:
Yeah. It should come off shortly; this is exactly what happend with my file... but YMMV

-scott

YMMV?

Message 9 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@sammc1987 wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

-scott

YMMV?

your milage my vary...

-scott

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.