Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company lied to me about removal.

tag
kingkai1990
Contributor

Re: Company lied to me about removal.

UPDATE! 

Okay, I contacted ERC. Now they said I have to contact the credit agencies to have it removed. Would it be a dispute in this regard?

Message 11 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

as long as you have their "written" or "voice recorded" intent to delete the account completely from all 3 CRA's after the balance is paid in full, then you are golden. if you don't have it in writing then this is a reminder to never do repair over the phone unless you are recording the call, send all communications snail mail and you will not have this problem. some are quality businesses that keep their word, others are not. been there. good luck

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd do as the second posted suggested. File with the BBB. They do NOT like that.

Message 13 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The post states that:

" they said they would send a letter to me saying it was paid and they would no longer list that I owe them. Turns out that wasn't entirely true as the payment still reports but it's $0 balance. And I never recieved that letter."

Updating to $0 balance means that you no longer owe them a debt.

I see nothing in the post that asserts the OC agreed to any deletion.

It appears they did what was required except for sending a separate letter confirming they have done it.

That does not constitute an inaccuracy in their reporting, and is thus not a basis for a dispute.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reread carefully what you said they told you - "they would no longer list that I owe them". They are now reporting a $0 balance - meaning you do NOT owe them, so they are indeed 'no longer listing that you owe them'. CSR's will often choose their words carefully knowing their calls are recorded. Technically they did not lie, they just chose phrasing carefully and let you misinterpret it. Granted, its dishonest and would possibly not hold up in court since one could argue the CSR knew exactly what you wanted and knowingly allowed you to misinterpret their words.

Dispute will go nowhere as Charter will simply tell the CRA they are reporting correctly. The only option you have is to argue (with Charter) that the CSR deliberately misled you in his verbal agreement. If they refuse the only option would be legal action claiming they violated a verbal agreement. Such an action would be a crap shoot. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.