Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company lied to me about removal.

tag
kingkai1990
Contributor

Company lied to me about removal.

Okay, so I know that I should have gotten the approval in writing BEFORE I made a payment, but I also didn't want to mess up an opportunity 

Okay, so here's what happened. I owed $119 to Charter Communications. Wanting to get negatives off my CR I paid Charter DIRECTLY. Now when I first talked to them they said they would send a letter to me saying it was paid and they would no longer list that I owe them. Turns out that wasn't entirely true as the payment still reports but it's $0 balance. And I never recieved that letter.

What are my next steps? Do I file a dispute or try to talk to Charte again? Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Company lied to me about removal.

You could file a complaint with the BBB or call charter again, talk to a supervisor and tell them the promise that was made and see what comes of it. Take everyone's name also, if you have to file a complaint.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just did this today with a CA and i hope that they stick to their word.

Message 3 of 15
kingkai1990
Contributor

@LShawn08 wrote:
You could file a complaint with the BBB or call charter again, talk to a supervisor and tell them the promise that was made and see what comes of it. Take everyone's name also, if you have to file a complaint.

Should I file a dispute with the CBs?

Message 4 of 15
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Not yet. Not a expert but I think its best to try to work it out with Charter first then move on to the BBB if things start to get heated.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 5 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@kingkai1990 wrote:

@LShawn08 wrote:

Should I file a dispute with the CBs?

No you do not file a dispute with the CRAs over this, they dont like it when CAs and OCs delete valid credit data, this is why so many of them are reluctant to put it in writing, you need to file a BBB complaint on them as already suggested.

Message 6 of 15
kingkai1990
Contributor

OK called Charter. They said I have to contact the CA. Is it smart to call? Or do I send a letter? If I call what should I say?
Message 7 of 15
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

File a complaint with the BBB. 

My experience has been the CA's don't like getting referred there or have their rating impacted.

Message 8 of 15
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Wait,

How long ago did they state they would do this? Remember,it could take between 30-45 days to be updated.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 9 of 15
kingkai1990
Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

Wait,

How long ago did they state they would do this? Remember,it could take between 30-45 days to be updated.

This was June 14th. Is it normal practice for it to show up as a $0 balance first, then become removed?

Also, what should I NOT say to them considering I already paid the debt?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.