Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints to the FTC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Complaints to the FTC

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know what the nice woman at the FTC told me. I've been disputing my current utility bill, which is reporting to Equifax and is blatantly inaccurate. They way they do it is if you've made a payment arrangement for a past due bill and you pay that late, the whole bill becomes due and owing (which is fine) but they then report you all the way back to when you made the payment arrangement. Thus the TL reads OK OK OK 180 180 OK OK OK 180 which is RIDICULOUS! You can't go from OK to 180 in 30 days. 

I disputed with the company, I got no response, and I disputed with EQ. I went to my state's Public Service Commission, and they forwarded my complaint to the FTC, and suggested I call them. I did, and they took the complaint, and when I asked what happens next, the woman said that "The complaint is forwarded to our attorneys and when they see a pattern, they start an investigation."

One complaint won't change anything, but lots of them for the same activities will. So do not be shy about complaining if you have been wronged and get no satisfaction! Any one complaint will only be meaningful if others are making similar complaints.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Complaints to the FTC

@Anonymous wrote:

One complaint won't change anything, but lots of them for the same activities will. So do not be shy about complaining if you have been wronged and get no satisfaction! Any one complaint will only be meaningful if others are making similar complaints.

I fully suscribe to this statement.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I fully suscribe to this statement.

Ditto!!  PLEASE DO complain if you have been wronged. You may save someone else the heartache of going through what you have, or going through the same thing again. I have made complaints about a CA and TU for refusing to accept my complaint.  I think if we all take the time to do so, only then, will it make a difference!

Message 3 of 4
JGeuy
Valued Member

I have an issue with West Asset Management and have filed a complaint with the FTC.:

Thank you for contacting the FTC. Your complaint has been entered into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide. Your reference number is:

Who knows if they (FTC)  will do anything.. this is a debt that is NOT mine, and is listed on MY credit report as a Federal Tax Lien.  I sent a letter 08/28/10 to West Asset asking for validation and asking them to NOT call me. The reponse so far from them was a phone call to me, hence the complaint. My understanding is that the FTC has received many complaints regarding West Asset Management, so perhaps they will follow up.

My question is now if I should enter a statement on all three of my reports and reference the FTC complaint?

Original Starting Score:553
Current Score: TU 658 EQ 658 EX 632
Goal Score: 700
PLAN TO GARDEN FOR ALL OF 2013 !

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.