cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely new to this, want to get back on track.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely new to this, want to get back on track.

Hi everyone!

This seems to be the best credit forum with the most informative people on the internet and I would like to reach out for some guidance from those who know better than I do.

I've been *very* bad so far in my life with credit; I've abused it and taken it for granted. I now find myself wanting to become a functioning member of society -- I have a serious job and am starting to move up in life. The biggest weight on my shoulders right now is my horrible credit, and without seriously hunkering down and taking care of it, I can kiss any hopes of a car or house goodbye. Heck, I couldn't get credit at McDonald's right now if they offered it.

After reading many posts on this forum, I've taken the first step and signed up with USAA's CreditCheck Monitoring Premium. Experian's PLUS Score system rates me as the following: Experian - 525 / Equifax - 565 / TransUnion - 525. It says I have 16 accounts listed as negative with 12 accounts listed as being in collections. 

I've moved twice in the last two years and changed phone numbers, not to dodge anyone or anything, but because of job changes or situation changes. It seems I've inadvertently disappeared off my creditors' radars. I've received *one* collection letter since I've moved to my current residence...I am not being called, bullied or threatened. I have not been served any papers. All that's happened is -- my credit is destroyed.

Fine folks of the FICO Forums: Where do I begin?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BaddebtKing
New Contributor

Re: Completely new to this, want to get back on track.

Hi dsb, welcome. I am very new here and still have MANY neg. accounts I'm working on.

Read, READ, AND READ some more!!! This place sure is helping me ALOT!! Smiley Very Happy

Oh, and make SURE that all three CRA's have your CURRENT personal info before starting! (I made the mistake of not doing that FIRST... Smiley Sad )

Starting Score: EQ 730 -- TU 763
Current Score: EQ 764 -- Walmart TU FICO 9/6/11 775
Goal Score: EQ 800 -- TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.