Contributor
tamdugg1980

Completely overwhelmed....

I am a newbie to credit repair.  My credit has been bad all my life.  I do not think there was one point in my life where my credit score was above 600. :smileyindifferent:  I am ashamed of that last sentence, but no more living in the past.  It is time to grow up and make changes for my future.  I am 31, employed, and I am currently in the process of purchasing a home.  Needless to say, my low credit score is making this process hard.  In order for me to take advantage of a first time homebuyer grant program, my credit score needs to be at least a 620.  I'm about 90 or so points off.  Most of my debt is old, a lot of collections and a lot of late payments.  I've begun the process to repair my credit by doing the following:

1. I have three collection accounts with RJM Acquisitions.  I sent them a letter CMRRR on 05/04/2011 asking them for a PFD.  

2. My credit card has a $250 limit which it was over, I paid that down to $10 on 05/05/11

3. I sent a goodwill letter to my credit card company (same one as above) to have them remove the late payments that are reporting on my CR, on 05/04/11

4. I was sent a letter of settlement from WFNB, they offered me 50% of my total due and said they would report the account as "settled in full" (not sure how to handle that) Received: 05/07/11

5. My student loan company contacted me about loan consolidation, which would pay off the balances of the old loans and create on large loan. Will work on the consolidation this week.

I also have an account with Univ of Phoenix in the amount of $1500, that I would like to dispute as when I attended there, I took out student loans, so I'm trying to figure out how I owe them $1500, with this account I plan a DV.  

Needless to say, all of this is fairly new to me.  All the terms, (DV, CA, FDRA, etc) have been a blur for the few weeks I've been lurking around.  I finally decided to step out of the shadows and take control of my financial life.  Here is to my first step to financial freedom!

myFICO score: 530 (and I'm not ashamed of that anymore)

Starting score: (April 2011) 530 - myFICO EQ
Current score: (04/2012) EQ - 608 (myFICO), EX FAKO - 671, TU FAKO - 619

Let's see what happens once they report minus the late payments!!!!!!
Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

Re: Completely overwhelmed....

Taking responsibility is the first step. I know! I am in the same boat as you :smileyhappy: Just stick the forums and ask as many quesitons as you want, you will get the guidance you are seeking

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}