Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completing this cleanup!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completing this cleanup!

Good morning all.  First I would like to say thank you for all of the information that you all share daily.  I have studied the board for several months now and it has helped me tremendously with increasing my score.  I have been approved for a mortgage and closing is scheduled for July 29th. (yaay)  I was able to get the loan through my local credit union in spite of several "baddies" that are still listed on my report.  After closing, I would like to finish cleaning up my credit with hopes of getting my numbers into the 700's in 9 months.

My loans/credit lines are:

Capital One- 500/3300 limit (opened April 2015)

USAA- 94/1000 limit (secured card- opened July 2014)

Kohl's- 0/700 limit (opened Dec. 2015)

NY&Co 0/700 limit (opened Dec. 2015)

The Limited 0/900 limit (opened Dec. 2015)

Express 0/900 limit (opened Dec. 2015)

Personal loan- owe $4000

Car loan- owe $11,800

Student loan- $356 month

Negatives on credit

SEVERAL late payments on student loans.  I have been paying on them consistently for over a year,  I have them all consolidated through FedLoan since 4/2015

Judgement- paid and has been listed since 2012. 

Medical bills- I have 5 medical bills totalling $1250.  I am willing to pay them in exchange for a deletion from my credit report

The judgement was for $8561 and it has been fully paid.  It has been listed on my credit since 05/01/2012, is there any way this can be removed?

My FICO score is 625 (I was informed by my lender)

Credit Karma TU- 644  EQ 661

What should be my next step?  I do not plan to do anything with my credit until after I close on my house.

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Completing this cleanup!

Congrats on your new home!! 🎉

For the judgement, you can contact the court it was filed in to get it vacated - the court should know the process of having it removed from your public record. As long as it shows up on public record, it will be on your credit report.

For the medical collections, google "Why Chat's HIPAA" process and follow it step-by-step. You can offer them a PFD before that if you'd like, but if they don't accept, start the HIPAA process. You can also try going to the OC and ask them to recall the debt for payment directly to them. 

For the SL late payments, I'm in the same boat. The only thing you can do is start writing "good will" letters asking to have the lates removed. Explain why you were late, what has changed since then, and that you are in the process of buying a house. It may not work the first time, or the second, or ever. It's worth it to keep trying though, the large majority of success I've read from GW SL lates is due to sheer persistence.

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Completing this cleanup!

Welcome to the forums. The above answer pretty much summarizes what you would need to do. I do believe you are already on the right track in your thinking of what moves to make. All you can do is try these options, as you have nothing to lose.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.