Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConServe Collection

tag
ablacksheare
Established Member

ConServe Collection

I need a breakdown (if possible) of why this collection is being reported differently on my EQ and TU reports. The collection is being reported as paid on my EQ report but on my TU report is showing paid/chargeoff. Can this be disputed?

Thanks again everyone, as you can see I'm very new to DIY credit repair.

Starting Score: TU:610(10/28/2010) EQ:575(10/28/2010)
Current Score: TU:640(11/6/2010) EQ:603(11/2/2010)
Goal Score: 710By January 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ConServe Collection

I can't speak as to why it reports differently, and don't know if it is disputable, but your goal should be to get it removed as opposed to getting it to report correctly. Also, FICO scores the worst delinquency and as a CA, the worst delinquency is the CA itself. Even if it reported in the Collections section, the impact would be the same.

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Start with a DV if you haven't done so yet, then send a PFD if you agree with them.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: ConServe Collection

I need a breakdown (if possible) of why this collection is being reported differently on my EQ and TU reports. The collection is being reported as paid on my EQ report but on my TU report is showing paid/chargeoff. Can this be disputed?

I dont see a significant difference, and nothing to dispute.

The comments codes used in many commercial credit reports are a little less than accurate, and are not the basis for credit scoring.

Your credit file is the basis for scoring.

I presume that you paid a debt after a collection, and that  was reported to EQ. 

However, TU is reporting as paid after charge-off.

Maybe only the CO was reported to TU, and not the CA?  I dunno.

Bottom line is that it does not really matter.  Paid does not remove anything from credit scoring.

I presume that the account went from posted monthly delinquencies, to a charge-off, and then to collection.

What matters is only the basic history posted to each of EQ and TU.  That being the derogs that preceded the payment.

Maybe the creditor only reported the CO, and not the CA, to TU?  That would only be to your benefit.

The debt is now paid.  Whatever each now has in your CR prior to payment is the only issue  I see.  And they dont have to be the same.

I would not dispute by asking TU to add a CA to my CR.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.