Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confession

tag
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Re: Confession

@Shogun: Whats your experience in GWing CO accounts that are unpaid. Example being the HSBC account you advised her to GW. I have a few of these but figured if they are unpaid and were sold to CA, no sense asking for a GW, right?
Message 11 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Here's what I'm looking at...

Shogun is the best and I agree with everything he posted... This too shall pass! Good luck as you start the process. I find it easy to set a goal such as sending one GW per week or something similar. I have a reminder that pops up every 3 months that says to try again for getting stuff removed. At my stage its not hurting that much but I would love to have a completely clean report. Good luck to you.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If the account was sold to the CA, such as the case of HSBC in this case.  The OC does not care nor will they most likely ever know if it is paid or not.  As far as they are concerned, they've sold it, they're done with it.  Seeing as this is the case, there's absolutely no harm in trying a GW.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 14
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Well I am gonna send out a SLEW of GWs tomorrow then lol
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.