Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting DOFDs on the same account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conflicting DOFDs on the same account?

I'm new to the Forum but have been lurking and trying to digest some of this info from you experienced folks.  My question:

• My most recent TransUnion credit report includes a CA tradeline stating "Estimated date that this item will be removed:  07/2014." 
  • There is no tradeline for the OC on the most recent TU report.
  • The previous TransUnion report does include the OC tradeline stating "Estimated date that this item will be removed:  04/2012."
  • There is no direct reference to a DOFD.

As there is a two year discrepancy regarding the drop-off date, it appears that the CA may have reaged the account.  I'm assuming that this would be an instance to request the FCRA Compliance Date from the CRA.  If it is determined that the CA has reaged the account, do I dispute with the CRA and request deletion on that basis?

Your thoughts/advice, please.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Conflicting DOFDs on the same account?

OP, I split your post to form a new one here. I had to edit the title, but changed nothing else. If you'd like to change the title, click "Options" and then "Edit Message".

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Conflicting DOFDs on the same account?

I wouldn't even go through the CRA.

Send the CA a direct dispute under FCRA 623 and tell them you dispute the DoFD and ask how they came up with it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.