Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused. Am I missing something?

tag
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Confused. Am I missing something?

I had a new CA report on all three CR on 3/15/13.  Experian FAKO immediately dropped 42 points. FAKO yes, but still devastating. I got the CA to agree to delete. Well today I received an alert from EX that my score had increased 42 points. Cool, the CA deleted tradeline from EX and I regained what I'd lost. Score! Foolishly (???) I was expecting to get an alert from SW today that my TU and EQ scores had also increased. I wasn't expecting 42 points but I was definitely expecting something. At the end of my work day when I hadn't received any alerts, I decide to call TU and EQ to find out if there was still a CA on my CR from Debt Recovery Solutions. TU said yes and EQ said no. So I decide it's ok to go ahead and buy an updated My FICO EQ CR since EQ confirmed it was removed. My score is still at 697. Is that not odd? 

On 3/4/13 EQ was 687.

On 4/4/13 EQ jumped to 697 due to another 2 1/2 year old CA being deleted.

I never received an EQ score reduction when the new CA hit my CR on 3/15. Is that why I didn't receive an increase?

As of 4/5/13, my FICO TU is 667 (yikes!!). I hope this increases when the CA is deleted.

Lesson: Teach yourself not to depend on SW. That way hopes do not rise, nor does disappointment occur.  Smiley Sad

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Re: Confused. Am I missing something?

Bump

Message 2 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There could be many reasons why your score didn't go up or down.

What else is on your reports?

Message 3 of 11
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

When I was in that score range I was getting 2 and 5 point bumps for things, even lost a point once. When my last terrible awful was removed I got a 48 point bump.

Message 4 of 11
shanac
Frequent Contributor

I have one other CA from 2009 that I haven't tackled yet.

Message 5 of 11
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

Shanac... This may be a dumb question but are you 100 percent sure that CA reported to EQ in the first place? I know you said on 3/15 that the new CA reported to all 3 but are you going by what they told you or did you see it on EQ yourself? Maybe it only hit on EX and TU. your EX score dropped then came back and TU slow as hell but you called them so you know it's on there but EQ just said no you don't have that new CA on here. Just maybe it never did get put on EQ. That would explain no SW update for the ding or removal.
Bankrupcy 7 Filed 2/20/2012
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0
EX 607 Fair Isaac (ver. 2)

Message 6 of 11
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Deadbishop, I never thought of that! I never pulled report and I just assumed a CA would report to all three. Thanks for that perspective. Thanks to everyone for your comments. I still have another CA to work on!

Message 7 of 11
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

Shanac it might be a great idea if you have a few extra bucks to get a daily puller. Usaa and eidt has one. You can pull all 3 reports everyday. This is good to have to see exactly what's on all 3. They run 12 to 20 bucks a month.
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0

Message 8 of 11
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Deadbishop can I sign up for those even if I'm not a member? What's eidt?

Message 9 of 11
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

Usaa you have to be a member and to join you have to be in military or have a family member in military.

Eidt is eliminate Id theft.
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.