Frequent Contributor
bridgetkaryn

Confused? Credit One back on my report?

So needless to say I am annoyed and nervous... I sent a number of GW letters to Credit One Bank and they removed my account from my credit report, rather than deleting the lates... I was happy with that as I have a 60 day late within the last year...

I checked my report today and BAM there it was again... it had been removed from all my CR's and then came back on EQ only... Anyone know if I can do anything? Should I dispute this thru EQ?

What is my best course of action on this? It dropped my score about 50 points...  Just as I was getting somewhere credit wise!

Thanks!

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
bridgetkaryn

Re: Confused? Credit One back on my report?

Bump
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
thankfulheart

I recently went through a mess with EQ having split my file.  Things were not showing up and then suddenly did after I called them about it.  Could be that yours was split and the trade line was reporting on the other one.  I would take the most recent hard copy where it was NOT showing, then send a letter asking them to remove it based on not informing you of a reinsertion.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

[ Edited ]

The only regulation under the FCRA that applies to the reinsertion of deleted information in a consumer credit file  applies only to information that was deleted as the outcome of a dispute which found the information to either be inaccurate or unverifiable.  FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).  In such cases, they must provide the CRA with a "Certificate of Accuracy" and the CRA must accept that certification before the information can be reinserted.  If the CRA reinserts the information, they must advise the consumer within 5 days.

With their deletion not having been as the result of a finding in a prior dispute, they have the full authority to reinsert it without any CRA review as long as the information is not knowingly inaccurate.  I see no basis for a dispute over its reinsertion other than contesting the accuracy of the information itself.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}