Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused... Equifax?

tag
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Confused... Equifax?

I went to check my Equifax credit report because a couple months ago when I ordered a $25 "ALL 3" report some collection was there and I am now ready to dispute it.

I cant find it though. And, when I went to Equifax's site to check my credit, the site was called creditreport.com. Are they the same?? It gave me a trial for 7 days or they will charge my card. 

Weird how this agency was on a "ALL 3" report from Experian but going to (suposedly) Equifax's site revealed nothing.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jordy
Contributor

Re: Confused... Equifax?

i would say no...

i use equifax credit monitoring and its at equifax.com...

i pull reports weekly for my montly fee...

never heard of creditreport.com...

may be a third party site tho... 

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 2 of 4
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Great, who did I give all my information to?

Message 3 of 4
jordy
Contributor

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

I went to check my Equifax credit report because a couple months ago when I ordered a $25 "ALL 3" report some collection was there and I am now ready to dispute it.

I cant find it though. And, when I went to Equifax's site to check my credit, the site was called creditreport.com. Are they the same?? It gave me a trial for 7 days or they will charge my card. 

Weird how this agency was on a "ALL 3" report from Experian but going to (suposedly) Equifax's site revealed nothing.

if i were to guess its a third party site that monitors all 3 credit bureaus...(which if its reputalble theres nothing wrong with that...) it allows you to check updated reports and gives alerts to changes in your report... doesnt give fico's though... 

i was just stating that that is not equifax the cra, since you asked if they were the same...if you want a report pulled from equifax, you need to go to equifax.com and pay for that... only slight differnces between those third party 3 bureau ones and the cra one... the cra one will tell you dofd while most third party ones wont... which is very helpful to know... 

what i normally do is pull my 3 free reports from annualcreditreport.com once a year (since its free) to get more information....and i use truecredit to mointor changes and alerts on all 3 reports since i am working on a bunch of items... also when i want my fico scores i order them from here tu and eq 

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.