Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused! Need some answers

tag
cgardnervt

Confused! Need some answers

hello guys,

Afer looking at mt CR tonight I have found a small debt owed for $236 (Old comcast bill I guess.) with Stellar Recovery. I called them and they told me that it will be gone off of my CR as if it was never there. So here is my quuestion...If its in collections and I pay it will it ALWAYS be deleted from my CR? And only CO stay for the full 6 years? Or are thy doing me a favor? They will be sending me and email with the guarantee that it will be deleted before I pay them anything and also while I look to make sure it something I have not missed.

Also during the rebuilding process can you guys give me an inexpensive service that will allow me to watch my CR and scores? I saw Myfico has a service for $5 a month or so. Is it good? Please point me in the right direction!

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Confused! Need some answers

If they said if you pay it and they will delete, it will be gone from your CR.  The CO from the OC will remain unless you can GW them away.

I am not sure there are many monitoring services that include FICO scores with them.  I know myFICO has EQ Scorewatch and TU Quarterly but someone else will need to answer questions on those.

Message 2 of 7
cgardnervt

Thanks for the reply. I will also wait to see what others say as well.

Message 3 of 7
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

There's not one service that provides legit FICO scores AND regular reports for a decent price.

I personally use ScoreWatch for JUST my EQ score (legit fico) monitored, and I use eliminateidtheft for daily report pulls. I'll probably cancel it when my reports look how I want and just keep scorewatch, haven't decided yet. It's very cumbersome to login. Smiley Happy But its the cheapest around - $18 a month for me plus my husband, and I can pull every 24 hours.
Message 4 of 7
cgardnervt

But can anyone comment on the MyFico service? Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

If you are talking about the $4.95 a month myfico Quarterly Monitoring service, I personally found it useless.   It doesn't appear to actively monitor your score.  It monitors your score on the backend and sends you a rundown every 3 months.  So you pay $5 a month to look at the same TransUnion score for 3 months, and then every 3 months you get a new report, an updated score and a digest of what happened over the last 3 months.  

If you are talking about myfico ScoreWatch, it's price is $14.95 and I personally give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.   It watches your Equifax report for changes and alerts you via text or email if your score goes up or down.  You can't pull a fresh report without paying for it, but it will usually tell you whats changed..  and it gives you the most accurate EQ FICO score to date.  I've heard you can call and get the price discounted, and there's a 10 day free trial.

Those are the two myfico products I've had experience with.

There is no way to purchase your EX score and in my opinion, no good TU monitoring services.

Message 6 of 7
Bell536
Contributor

If it was comcast, you can pay comcast and they will pull it from the CA within 30 days.  Let me know if you need info about paying comcast.

Clean up CR for home purchase.Started on 04/16/2013.
04/16/13 EQ 536,TU 537,EXP 552 Lender pull
04/30/13 EQ 602 MYFico.com 05/12/13 EQ 614 / TU 595 MYFico.com
05/18/13 EQ 625 MYFico.com,614TU 5/28 EQ 625 Mid Score 621 TU
05/31/13 EQ 663 MyFico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.