Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about 57 point bump

tag
coachb123
Regular Contributor

Confused about 57 point bump

So got some disputes back from  Experian today, results said 2 reamined (unchanged I guess) and 3 were updated.  I got a 61 point increase in my FAKO from 588 to 649.  I am confused about where the points came from though.  I looked at my old credit reports and can't figure out what was "updated".  They all look the same to me.  Also even though I have 5 collections listed on the report, it tells me I have no deliquent accounts and only 2 collections.  I am lost.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Confused about 57 point bump

My advice is DONT try to understand the world of FAKO scoring.   Just ignore it, since you can't compare it to FAKO, it is of little use.   FAKO scores will jump up & down with no rhyme or reason.

FICO scoring is hard enough to understand as it is.......Smiley Frustrated

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
coachb123
Regular Contributor

There has to be a reason why it jumped though.  Just wondering.

Is it standard practice for them to leave a comment that customer disputes after they finish there investigation?  Its in the comments of all the ones they investigated.

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For a FAKO formula there may be a reason but, those scores seldom correlate to a true FICO score.  Just because that score jumped does not mean your FICO score will.

Message 4 of 8
coachb123
Regular Contributor

Well that score comes from Credit Sesame and I have read in many places that it is almost spot on for EX FICOS.

Message 5 of 8
GregB
Valued Contributor

@coachb123 wrote:

Well that score comes from Credit Sesame and I have read in many places that it is almost spot on for EX FICOS.

That is very wrong.

It is way different than any of the EX FICO scores. It is not based on a FICO algorithm and even different to the EX created acquisition scores. It seems to be closest to the EX consumer scores like Plus, which is just about completely worthless.

A recent change in my own report dropped my EX Plus by 34 points, dropped my CreditSesame score by 13 points. My EX FICO II went UP by 71. Identical data on all three EX reports.

Message 6 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I have to agree with everyone else. Just because the score from CreditSesame went one direction or another means nothing. Your true FICO could easily move in the opposite direction.

My advice is to ignore all FAKO's all the time without exception.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats so weird, that site has my EQ score and its within 4 points of my lender pulled fico

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.