Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about CMRRR or Not?

tag
JJF
Contributor

Confused about CMRRR or Not?

I was getting no responses to formal DV letters mailed CMRRR, so I started mailing everything CM so I at least knew my letters were received.  I now think this was a major mistake.

I read someplace that letters get judged many ways.  I think my mistake was sending them out CM.   I sent a GW letter to an OC and a info request letter to a CRA.  In both cases, I got a very quick response stating "our reporting is correct and complies with the FCRA.  Your consumer dispute will be included on your CR."    My conclusion is any letter sent CM is viewed as a consumer dispute.

I am writing another round of letters and wanted to get some input.

-  Formal disputes - CMRRR

-  Letters requiring a documented paper trail - CMRRR

-  Request for info letters - stamped

-  GW letters - stamped

Maybe there is a gray area between requests for information and letters to document a paper trail. My new approach is try the stamped letter first, then wait for the response or give it 45 days, then send 2nd letter CMRRR.

Please confirm that sending GW letters CM is the wrong thing to do.  Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Confused about CMRRR or Not?

If your DV letters were never replied to, check your reports to make sure the CAs haven't been reporting since you sent the letters.  If your first letters weren't replied to after 30-45 days, you should send a second round of letters to the CA CMRRR requesting either verification or deletion.  Send photocopies of your green cards showing that the letters were received.  I would also suggest contacting your local BBB and getting them involved.  You're right in that any letter sent CM or CMRRR is generally viewed as a dispute, so for the most part only DV letters need to be sent CMRRR. 
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.