Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about credit scores for equifax! Please help? Trying to build score

tag
tisha130
Valued Member

Confused about credit scores for equifax! Please help? Trying to build score

Trying to purchase a 2012 Honda Accord $16,000.

The dealer I am going to purchase car from uses Equifax. I have a 491 score as of 12/15/13 on Wells Fargo credit monitoring system. This was before I paid down my credit to 46% util.

With Equifax credit monitoring I had a 515 before I paid credit card down and now 571 since I paid card down. I ordered score today with myfico and I have a 486 score with equifax. I am totally confused on which score to go by how will i know true score??? I need at least 600 to get interest rate in the teens.

I have 6 accts in collection. I paid off one and another is $0 balance. Both will be deleted within 30dys. That leaves 4 collection accts all are under $415 and accts anywhere from 2-6yrs old.

I have a student loan of $2650 its close to limit so i started making payments towards it to help with score this hasn't been reported yet. This account and my $500 limit at 46% util CC limit is the only open accts I have.

What else can I do to drastically boost my score? All the sites say I dont have enough variety of accounts. I have 8 inquiries with equifax too. I disputed them some are duplicates.

Starting Score: 486
Current Score: 635(middle score)
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

As of Dec 2013 I want to purchase a 2011 or newer vehicle and buy my first home by the end of the year. I have purchased 2011 vehicle as of 2/2014 and I have been pre-approved for 100k home mortgage loan as of 3/2014.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Confused about credit scores for equifax! Please help? Trying to build score

@tisha130 wrote:

Trying to purchase a 2012 Honda Accord $16,000.

The dealer I am going to purchase car from uses Equifax. I have a 491 score as of 12/15/13 on Wells Fargo credit monitoring system. This was before I paid down my credit to 46% util.

With Equifax credit monitoring I had a 515 before I paid credit card down and now 571 since I paid card down. I ordered score today with myfico and I have a 486 score with equifax. I am totally confused on which score to go by how will i know true score??? I need at least 600 to get interest rate in the teens.

I have 6 accts in collection. I paid off one and another is $0 balance. Both will be deleted within 30dys. That leaves 4 collection accts all are under $415 and accts anywhere from 2-6yrs old.

I have a student loan of $2650 its close to limit so i started making payments towards it to help with score this hasn't been reported yet. This account and my $500 limit at 46% util CC limit is the only open accts I have.

What else can I do to drastically boost my score? All the sites say I dont have enough variety of accounts. I have 8 inquiries with equifax too. I disputed them some are duplicates.

myFICO.com is the only place to get your FICO scores (unless an approval/denial letter) The dealership may be using an auto enhanced FICO though. The Wells Fargo and EQ credit monitoring scores are just FAKO's

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 5
tisha130
Valued Member

Re: Confused about credit scores for equifax! Please help? Trying to build score

Ok thanks! Any tips on a quick boost for auto purchase in Jan?

Starting Score: 486
Current Score: 635(middle score)
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

As of Dec 2013 I want to purchase a 2011 or newer vehicle and buy my first home by the end of the year. I have purchased 2011 vehicle as of 2/2014 and I have been pre-approved for 100k home mortgage loan as of 3/2014.
Message 3 of 5
titanofold
Established Contributor

Continue to pay down your CCs. You'll want all but one of your cards at $0. The last card you want to have a balance of 1% - 9%.

Write a PFD to the CAs that want money from you and write GW letters to the CAs you've paid.

The only thing that's fast about raising a score is lowering your utilization. The rest of it you may have to suffer, but some of it may come off quickly.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 4 of 5
alvon123
Super Contributor

myFICO.com is the only place to get your FICO scores (unless an approval/denial letter) The dealership may be using an auto enhanced FICO though. The Wells Fargo and EQ credit monitoring scores are just FAKO's

+1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.