Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about medical collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused about medical collections?

Good morning everyone Smiley Happy

I am attempting to rebuild my credit and I have gotten my credit card situation in a pretty good place right now. I am now working on my collections :/

Over 75% of my collections are hospital bills from college.

03/14/12 --> $189.60
Consumer Collection Management

03/17/11 --> $124.48

02/12/11 --> $86.08
CBA

07/09/12 --> $105
06/22/12 --> $105
06/21/12 --> $90
06/06/12 --> $235

H & R Accounts

As we see, these are quite old but not old enough. If I were asked do I have the money to pay these off, I would say yes BUT it means I would have no saving, or very VERY little saved.

I called the hospitals/clinic were these bills were originally established. Said they're too old to recall. First place [hospital] said I could make a payment with them and they would report it [~30-45 days] as being paid on. Second place said they would advise the CA that I've made a pymt and need not 'bother' me [in essence]. This doesn't seem like removal though? I was trying to figure out if it would be removed from collections status but I don't think I either (a) made myself clear, or (b) understand this whole dilemma enough.

Advice would be great! Should I mail them a letter? Should I pay the hospital and hope for the best?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Confused about medical collections?

Sent you a PM with an idea.

Message 2 of 5
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I would either try a service like Collection Shield 360 that's totally free or pay for delete with a settled amount. The collections are small amounts so I would offer up 20% ONLY IF they will delete. Just how old are the collections? You may be able to run the gambit of disputes with CRAs and some of them remove on their on.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never heard of Collection Shielf 360 prior to your post. I will look in to that!

Message 4 of 5
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I found it recently from another post in this forum and I haven't seen results yet but it's free so I thought, what the hey. It's worth a try.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.