Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused and discouraged!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused and discouraged!

@medicgrrl wrote:

If the CO is from a revolving account then it probably was being used in your utilization, so yes, once that is showing paid it should lower your utilization based on your current revolving account balances and credit limits.  That was your last CO with a balance showing, correct?

correct

Message 21 of 29
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If your current utilization is 40% with that CO, and that CO is taken out of your utilization after being paid, then you should cross 2 different thresholds (29% & 9%) and should see a decent score increase.  Keep us posted after it updates and you receive your FICO alerts.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

If your current utilization is 40% with that CO, and that CO is taken out of your utilization after being paid, then you should cross 2 different thresholds (29% & 9%) and should see a decent score increase.  Keep us posted after it updates and you receive your FICO alerts.

Ok I will thank you!

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

Hey all!  So my TU score has updated from my last paid CO.  It went up 21 points to a 583.  The other 2 bueraus are lagging behind a bit, again this is SUPER fast less than a week and its off my report.  My question to you all is, I'm trying to apply for Navy Federal's services.  They pull TU for the account and sometimes for cards.  Should I wait until next months refresh or should I go now?  That was the Final negative thing on my credit.  My 7 accounts that are currently open are in positive standing.  Thanks in advance again!

Message 24 of 29
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Wait until it's gone from EQ also because NFCU does pull from there too.
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Wait until it's gone from EQ also because NFCU does pull from there too.

Ok I will, another question would be since these scores update on the fly.  Will my score continue to go up after next months credit reporting hits?

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a heads up...NFCU has changed their membership requirements. Go to nfcu.org to see if you still qualify to open an account

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a heads up...NFCU has changed their membership requirements. Go to nfcu.org to see if you still qualify to open an account

Im an Army vet

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX just updated to a 611!!!!! Im stoked because I dont have an inquires there, but i'm finding it difficult to find creditors that use them exclusively.  Still waiting on my EQ to update.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.