Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by merged CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused by merged CR

I received a merged CR that looks unlike any CR I've ever seen before!  UGH!

At this point, my question is this:

I was under the impression that I would receive FAKOs with this report, like we normally do, however, near end of report where it gives the contact info for CRAs & entities who provided info that impacts report/scores, this one lists:

EX           EQ            TU            FICO

Does this mean the scores contained therein are, indeed, actual FICOs or are they still FAKOs & only reference FICO because they sold the algorithm to the CRAs?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Confused by merged CR

Where did you get this report?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it from a mortgage lender.
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They are FICO scores. A large majority of mortgage lenders use FICO scores and the reports are probably 3rd party designed specifically for that lender.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, llecs, I appreciate ya & am glad to see you're still around the boards!  Things have been NUTS here lately, so I've hardly got time to catch my breath, let alone get on here as much as I desperately need to!  A couple of things have changed with regard to our credit, but I feel as though I'm starting at ground zero rather than picking up where I left off.

I know I've learned a lot here but still feel completely befuddled (when I look at our CR) about where to begin in order to be most effective.  Things have become so questionable with the economy, income, etc., that I feel like the house is on fire and am just praying it's not too late to fix this mess.

Okay, I'm done rambling (for the moment).

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

This is a tri-merged report and is indeed true FICO. It can be hard to wade through, but each TL lists which repository it comes from. You can go thru it and break everything down and put into a spreadsheet to separate everything out, if cleaning your CRs.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:
This is a tri-merged report and is indeed true FICO. It can be hard to wade through, but each TL lists which repository it comes from. You can go thru it and break everything down and put into a spreadsheet to separate everything out, if cleaning your CRs.

Thank you!  I hadn't realized it lists the repository on each TL!  I will definitely pick through it & put it into the fabulous spreadsheet that GFer made (yeah, the one I've been totally overwhelmed and avoiding for a couple of months now) but I will just start with this report, since it's the most recent.

Does that mean this report can be considered as reliable as the reports I'd pull directly from the CRAs?

The good news is, I'm looking at TRUE FICOs!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.