Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused on DV the PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused on DV the PFD

Hello!  I have read the thread What Steps Do I Take? Do I DV? PFD? [URL]  and plan to start the process of credit repair.  Here is my question.  The following doesn't make sense to me - step one - ask the CA to validate the debt.  Then when they DO validate the debt I should send a PFD letter which states that I dispute the validity?  Why would I dispute the validity of a debt that they just validated to me?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused on DV the PFD

Hi alieh!

I am new here too!

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I think it has something to do with if they DON'T validate rather than if they DO...but I could be wrong...

There are a lot of helpful people I am sure someone will be able to answer.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Samples are just samples.  Your PFDs should be specifically tailored to your situation.

I have a feeling that you're looking at PFDs that basically say, look, I don't think this is my debt, but I'm willing to pay you $x if you'll delete the reporting of this debt.  If that's not a fair assessment of your situation, or if you know you owe the debt, just leave that language out.  All the PFD is, is an offer that they can accept or reject.  I think you're more likely to get an acceptance of your offer if you really tailor your letter to your specific situation.

Message 3 of 4
bbrown152
Valued Member

The reason the PFD is worded that way is so that they do not reset your SOL. If they do, they can sue and would have no incentive to PFD.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.