Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused on PFD

tag
Onmywaytorecovery_87
New Visitor

Confused on PFD

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone could provide some advice.

I recently pulled my credit score and there's a $6k I owe in student loans. It has been there since 2012 though. 

I know that PFD will completely remove it (assuming the CA will accept my offer) but I am wondering how to go on about this..should I pay off the whole $6k (pretty much all of my savings now sigh) or should I offer to pay less, say $4k and asked them to PFD the whole amount. I am just wondering if PFD would work only if I paid the whole amount I owe in full? I am thinking if I pay in full they will more likely do a PFD. 

My credit score now is awful...530 and I would like to be in the 600s by end of year assuming that is feasible. 

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Confused on PFD

@Onmywaytorecovery_87 wrote:

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone could provide some advice.

I recently pulled my credit score and there's a $6k I owe in student loans. It has been there since 2012 though. 

I know that PFD will completely remove it (assuming the CA will accept my offer) but I am wondering how to go on about this..should I pay off the whole $6k (pretty much all of my savings now sigh) or should I offer to pay less, say $4k and asked them to PFD the whole amount. I am just wondering if PFD would work only if I paid the whole amount I owe in full? I am thinking if I pay in full they will more likely do a PFD. 

My credit score now is awful...530 and I would like to be in the 600s by end of year assuming that is feasible. 

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Since the CO is relatively new I doubt you are going to be able to get a discount on it as they still have the ability to sue for the full amount + costs. I would not be contacting anyone unless you are prepared to PIF whether or not they allow a PFD. If this is a govt backed loan you are not going to get a PFD and I would just arrange to rehab it and bring it current for payments to be made. SLs are not dischargable in BK and stay around forever unless they are paid off. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Confused on PFD

I agree as far as rehabbing because it will take your loans out of any default statuses they were in a fix the tradeline.

Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.