cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused what to do....

Regular Contributor

Confused what to do....

I pulled my free annual credit reports. Everything looks clean, except an old care credit account that i have had since 2009. This account has been payed off and closed in 2012, I noticed that there are a few months on this account that show 30,60,120 late status. Only 3 or 4 times throughout the duration that i had the account. This is set to fall off my reports in 2017, just two more years. As i mentioned, this has all been paid in full and closed for a few years, is there anything that i can do to resolve or have those negative status dates removed? I'm just OCD with a clean report and dont like the fact that it shows lates (even tho it is from years ago- account not active/closed/paid). Any recommendations of what to do? Just wait a couple years and let it fall off, or contact them- but what would I say? Thanks for your time, and ideas. Have great day!

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Confused what to do....

GW (good will) letter.....I think some other members of this forum have much better examples then I would.

Don't think it's hurting your score too much....but i get having them removed if you can.

Saks Card $3k | QS WMC $8.5k | Merrick Visa $3.7k | Saks WEMC $4k | Eddie Bauer $3k | FRN MC $17k | TR Visa $15.8k | PayPal Extras MC $7.5k | Lexus Pursuits VSig $14.2k | Macy's $1.2k | Citi Smplcty MC $11.8k | SFFCU VIsa $5.5k| Wells Fargo Propel AMEX $5k | Citi Costco Visa $10k | Bloomingdales $1.5k |
AU--CAP1 Plat Visa $2k | QS Visa $6k | Lowes $8.5k | Barclays Rewards MC $8.2k | Barneys $23k | GMPwr WEMC $3k | FNBO AMEX $4.2k |
Message 2 of 3

Re: Confused what to do....

cclimit wrote:

GW (good will) letter.....I think some other members of this forum have much better examples then I would.

Don't think it's hurting your score too much....but i get having them removed if you can.

+1 on the GW letter   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Any late that is over 60 days will impact your Fico score all the way to the day its excluded, sometimes it can be 50+ points depending on ones overall file. A 60 day late may affect Fico the entire time as well just depends on ones profile overall.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Message 3 of 3