cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with and how they are reporting?

tag
NY2014
Established Contributor

Confused with and how they are reporting?

Hello again ,I'm starting over to understand how they are reporting this account which it took my 4 months to located when it was on my CR and now after I disputed investigated with CRA .capital one said they couldn't find any acct HSBC couldn't find any account and after I Findlay contact This Collection agency they had the account but could not send my any documents regarding this account when I contacted the CA they didn't have my address I give them my address to send documents 3 says later I recurred a letter from HSBC they have the account and sold it to Calvert y why they haven't contacted me regarding they sold this account and verify this account It's been over a month sense I heard back from the CA and no documents and they keep updating there recorded on my CA.
Any advise . I feel the CA took advantage when I contacted them.and stalling. To send documents I requested I disputed this account 3 times with Equafax they keep validating it my account
I'm new and fighting with other accounts and my identity theft . If anyone can help I posted what's on my credit report and keeps changing

Closed Accounts Name: CAPITAL ONE Acct #: 515597009100XXXX Credit Limit: $ 300
Date Reported: 12/04/2013
Date Opened: 10/12/2010
Balance: $0 Past
Due: $0
Acct Status: CHARGE-OFF
CAPITAL ONE
Account Number: 515597009100XXXX
Current Status:
CHARGE-OFF
Account Owner:
Individual Account.
High Credit: N/A
Type of Account :
Revolving Credit Limit: $300
Terms Duration:
Terms Frequency: Monthly
(due every month)
Date Opened: 10/12/2010 Balance: $0
Date Reported:
12/04/2013
Amount Past Due: $0
Date of Last Payment: 01/2011 Actual Payment Amount: $0
Scheduled Payment Amount: $0 Date of Last Activity: N/A
Date Major Delinquency
First Reported:
07/2011
Months Reviewed: 9
Creditor Classification: Activity Description: N/A
Charge Off Amount: $0 Deferred Payment
Start Date:
Balloon Payment Amount: $0 Balloon Payment Date:
Date Closed:
Type of Loan:
Date of First Delinquency: 01/2011
Comments
Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress

Name: HSBC BANK Acct #: 515597009100XXXX
Date Reported: 02/26/2014
Date Opened: 10/26/2010
Balance: $0
Past Due: $0
Dispute Item
HSBC BANK1

Account Number: 515597009100XXXX
Current Status:
CHARGE-OFF
Account Owner:
Individual Account.
High Credit: N/A
Type of Account :
Revolving Credit Limit: $300
Terms Duration:
Terms Frequency:
Monthly
(due every month)
Date Opened:
10/26/2010
Balance: $0
Date Reported:
02/26/2014
Amount Past Due: $0
Date of Last Payment:
01/2011
Actual Payment Amount: $0
Scheduled Payment Amount: $0 Date of Last Activity: N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:
07/2011
Months Reviewed: 9
Creditor Classification: Activity Description: Transfer/Sold
Charge Off Amount: $0 Deferred Payment
Start Date:
Balloon Payment Amount: $0 Balloon Payment Date:
Date Closed:
Type of Loan:
Date of First Delinquency: 01/2011
Comments:
Consumer disputes after resolution,
Paid charge off

CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SERVICES
Dispute Item
Agency Address:
Date Reported: 02/2014
Date Assigned: 07/2011
Creditor Classification: Banking
Creditor Name: HSBC BANK NG
Account Number: 1666XXXX
Account Owner: Individual Account.
Original Amount Owned: $636
Date of 1 st Delinquency: 01/2011
Balance Date: 02/2014
Balance Owned: $704
Last Payment Date:
Status Date: 02/2014
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Confused with and how they are reporting?

Did you dispute the accuacy of reporting of information on the OC account?  If so, what was disputed?

While they have sold the debt and updated to now show $0 balance as required, they still retain the obligation to verify the accuracy of what they have reported.

Did they, as part of the dispute process itself, state that they had no information, or was that only an informal statement in response to your separate inquiry?

If they did not verify back to the CRA, the information under dispute should have been deleted as being unverified.....

As for the prior debt collectors, if they have terminated their collection by sale of the debt to another, they should have reported deletion of their collection.

You can send a DV to the current debt collector.  It would apparenty be timely if they just recently sent dunning notice.

Message 2 of 4
NY2014
Established Contributor

,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 3 of 4
NY2014
Established Contributor

Hello,Thanks
rmy situation is frustrations.HSBC EQ system Validation of an account with a major Bank with a Third Party account full disclosure on how they can validate an account with Three different collections and same account # charge off /sold or transfer and a report says they validated with a Phone they are claiming to contact as we'll and when Several attempt to varify your self There is no account nor under any default until one self contact a CA that later pops up on your CR and with different # account and the OC (HSBC) sold /Transfer to Capital One my reports.my reports for the past three months only shows that EQ is reporting Updates because every time I contact that # they list to contact Capital one figs and digs and assures me if that account was list it would def be on my SS I inly had one account with them in good standing .Calvary tells me I need to send them proof heck I already have sent them validation they sent to CRA to Update and To OC to validate there end without original documents and after sends it to HSBC to send my a letter 2 days after. If Calvary didn't have my correct address I'm am very sure HSBC never had my correct address so the address will now concur with their records me. Now this made there spreadsheet a little better as my correct address now my debt or another account I just filed a identity theft. Just makes me very upset. How I feel just been screwed by there tactics regardless who, amount regardless at any cost this point a lawyer
Because EQ literally ignored a validating correct information address and docs because I still can't believe they believe they actually contacted them through phone or proof documents Calvary just got away with avoiding sending a validation and keep punching holes in my credit until I pay it.
Any advise or should I just pay it off PFD
Just to make this go away ? Ask why pay if not mine. Because it's costing me more dealing my identity protection the same companies that sell you there products and ends up. Giving you more headache
The system is broken here
Regards

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.