Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing AFNI deletion -- What gives?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confusing AFNI deletion -- What gives?

I disputed AFNI with all 3 bureaus, and it came back "verified" within 1-2 weeks. Yesterday, I emailed a standard PFD letter that I found on this site to their CEO, COO, and CFO. It asked them to agree on letterhead by snail mail. I received no response to my email. However, in the wee hours of the morning I randomly checked my CBRs and AFNI was completely gone. So, now I am super confused. What gives? Any thoughts...?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confusing AFNI deletion -- What gives?

....Oh yeah... and this is a very old account with T-mobile from 2004.
Message 2 of 10
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi,

Dont know if its true, but i seen here in the forums. That cell phone have a 2year Federal SOL.

Maybe that had something to do with it. dont know--- Be happySmiley Happy

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 10
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Since you disputed, it might be possible that the tradeline was temporarily removed from your reports. However, if it just came back verified, you may want to check your reports again to see if it reappeared.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

....or AFNI sold it.
Message 5 of 10
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

Hi,

Dont know if its true, but i seen here in the forums. That cell phone have a 2year Federal SOL.

Maybe that had something to do with it. dont know--- Be happySmiley Happy

An SOL would have no correlation to the standard reporting procedures. However, if the collection account dropped off the reports after the 7yrs timeline and then reappeared, then there would be some issues. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 6 of 10
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

I have had very good luck with AFNI and deleting things AFTER they were paid. They never respond but update to the CRA's every monday. Maybe they were deleted like you asked? Did you pay them?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that is what is so confusing. When I say that it came back verified, I mean that I tracked it on my reports. I didn't send the email until after the dispute was completed, and AFNI was definitely still on the report. So I really doubt that the deletion had anything to do with the dispute. And I can't imagine AFNI selling a verified account with a PFD in hand.
Message 8 of 10
benben7
Regular Contributor

Hi One boss,

I need your advice with AFNI. How did you get them to remove the collection and did it take long. I was all set to get a car loan which I need badly and this collection show up days before I was to apply. My scores dropped of course. The debt is mine for a 4 year old verizon bill. I am willing to pay it if they will remove it. Did you call them or email them? I did see a email listed here. Do you have any contact information that could help.

Thanks so much.

Starting Score: TU 675 EX 643
Current Score: TU 702 EX 677
Goal Score: TU 730 EX 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
benben7
Regular Contributor

Hi Inspired, I have the AFNI collection that I know is mine which just showed up on my Credit Reports. Could you tell me what was the email address that you used? Also could you email me a copy of the letter that you used.

I was all set to get a car loan but this showed up days before I was to apply. Now I'll have to wait to get a lower rate, but if I could get this off credit report my score would go back up. Did you pay the full amount or a percentage. My collection is for a verizon landline about 4 years old. Any help that you could give me would be great.

Thanks so much.

Starting Score: TU 675 EX 643
Current Score: TU 702 EX 677
Goal Score: TU 730 EX 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.