Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion regarding legal item on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confusion regarding legal item on CR

Around 2011, I was taken to court by Tower Loan regarding a past due account. I recently reviewed my credit report and the info, or lack thereof, has me confused.

Reference # K2011PG2259
Court - Circuit Court
Date - Blank
Status - Filed
Amount - $1,657

My goal is not to have it removed because it is my actual debt but shouldn't it be reporting more info on my CR? It doesn't even show the date or the actual creditor? Should I ask bureau to verify for accuracy or just leave it be?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Confusion regarding legal item on CR

The actual date of the judgment needs to be filed with the CRA so they can determine when it needs to be removed you can call and ask what this date is. If this us unpaid I wouldnt challenge it unless you are prepared to make arrangements to pay it off.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Confusion regarding legal item on CR

If you know that the judgment itself was awarded, then the issue is one of a dispute of the accuracy or completeness.

Yes, a dispute can be made, but if you are sure that it is in the public record, it will be updated with the missing info or verified as reported.

Deletion would not be at issue.

The inaccuracy or incompleteness may only be that of the vendor of your commercial credit report doing an incomplete reporting, and not any inaccuracy in the public record itself.

I would first check with the office of the clerk of the court and review the public record posting itself to determine what is or is not inaccurate or incomplete.

It may or may not be worth the time to correct.  If the public record fails to show a date of entry of the judgment, then you have an issue with the court that definately needs correction.   I would start with the court......

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.