Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conn's GW Letter interpretation

tag
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

Conn's GW Letter interpretation

I sent a GW letter for a late that appears in Oct of 2012 on my report. I don't remember being 30 days late but did have a lot going on around that time so it could be possible. I sent a letter asking if they would remove it citing the 2 accounts I've had with them since then all paid as agreed, 1 in full. I'm not sure what to make of the response:

"We report the status of all accounts to the three major credit bureau reporting agencies every month. The accuracy of this reporting is critical and is governed by fedral regulations. Due to errors or discrepancieson the account (s) you referenced, we are unable to remove any delinquent marks from this history."

Errors on there end or mine? Are they saying the account number I referenced was wrong maybe. Can't call until tommorow but I was curious to here others interpretation. 

Thanks!

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: Conn's GW Letter interpretation

...reads like a formula refusal reply to me ...doesn't mean you shouldn't call or keep trying ...you might consider moving your letter's addressee up the ladder 

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them for the same thing a few months ago and they told me my account did not qualify for it.  I emailed and requested reasons for the denial and they responded by saying it was an internal procedure and they can't tell me.  WHAT!!  So, anyway, I replied and asked when I can send another GW request and they said they couldn't tell me that either.  I have 5 accounts with them, two paid off..so I was suprised that they were so weird about it.

Message 3 of 4
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called them for the same thing a few months ago and they told me my account did not qualify for it.  I emailed and requested reasons for the denial and they responded by saying it was an internal procedure and they can't tell me.  WHAT!!  So, anyway, I replied and asked when I can send another GW request and they said they couldn't tell me that either.  I have 5 accounts with them, two paid off..so I was suprised that they were so weird about it.

Thats so weird. I'm gonna send another and another and another until I get the response I want. lol

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.