Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conn's and TXU...a thorn in my side.

tag
tld1104
Contributor

Conn's and TXU...a thorn in my side.

I've been trying to goodwill some lates with Conn's...just got another reply back this morning:

"I do apologize, but your account doesn't qualify for goodwill credit mark removal".

I've had three accounts with them over the years...the first two are paid off and never late.  The one I'm paying on now is current but I had a few lates last year...it will be paid off by this November. 

I replied back with what does it take to qualify, etc. ...still waiting on answer. 

TXU...I have an unpaid CO that is due to come off 9/2015.  Tried PFD 3 times and all I get is "we will update your file as paid".  No delete for CRA. 

So...I think it's time to go to the higher ups...I've been looking for Executive email addresses with not much luck.  

If anyone has a good contact for Conn's or TXU or has had luck getting them to work with you...I'd truly appreciate the info. 

Thanks! 

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
growing123
Regular Contributor

Re: Conn's and TXU...a thorn in my side.

Hey there!  I just sent Conn's a GW letter last Monday; snail mail because I couldn't find any e-mails for them.  I'm anxious to hear back, but I'm nervous now after reading your post!  I also have had three accounts with them, all paid, but one of the accounts had lates.  Which address did you use?  I sent mine to the address on College Street in Beaumont.

Please keep us/me posted on how they respond to your last letter.  Good luck!! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 2 of 7
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

@tld1104 wrote:

I've been trying to goodwill some lates with Conn's...just got another reply back this morning:

"I do apologize, but your account doesn't qualify for goodwill credit mark removal".

I've had three accounts with them over the years...the first two are paid off and never late.  The one I'm paying on now is current but I had a few lates last year...it will be paid off by this November. 

I replied back with what does it take to qualify, etc. ...still waiting on answer. 

TXU...I have an unpaid CO that is due to come off 9/2015.  Tried PFD 3 times and all I get is "we will update your file as paid".  No delete for CRA. 

So...I think it's time to go to the higher ups...I've been looking for Executive email addresses with not much luck.  

If anyone has a good contact for Conn's or TXU or has had luck getting them to work with you...I'd truly appreciate the info. 

Thanks! 

My Fiancee has a charge off with TXU from 2008 and we have tried a PFD several times and they just won't budge. I sent an e-mail to the someone in the executive office and he received a call back the guy told him they still would not do a PFD . They will just update it as paid. I am tempted to just pay it since it is such a small balance then try for deletion after. I'll see if I can find the email address we sent the email to. Maybe you will have better luck that us.

Message 3 of 7
bigB12
Established Member

@tld1104 - I had a Collection account with TXU that I was able to get removed a few weeks ago.  It was a collections account marked as a 0 balance because I payed it in January.  I sent a GW letter to the CEO and received an email back within hours that he would have his team look into it.  The next day I received an email from his executive assistant with a letter saying they had investigated and would be sending a letter to all 3 CRA's to have the account removed.  Shortly after that they followed up with a copy of the delete letter.   It may be worth a shot if you haven't tried.  You can find his email by doing a quick google search.   If not, let me know and I'll send it over.

Message 4 of 7
tld1104
Contributor

I sent a goodwill PFD email to the CEO this morning...I received this reply from his office. 

The reason for my call was to let you know that we are further investigating your request and I hope to have a response by the end of the week.

If I do learn sooner, I will give you a call.

Fingers double crossed!!!

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
fmouto
Established Member

Please send me executive email.

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 526
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i please have the email adress or number for the txu ececutive that helped you ...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.