Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conns Collection 2011

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conns Collection 2011

I had an account at Conn's that went to collection. The account was opened in 2011. No one has attempted to contact me since it went to collection so I am wondering what the best recourse would be for removing this collection from my CR.

Since it's in collections should I contact the CA and try to make an offer to PFD? Since it's in the hands of a collection agency and I know they usually pay pennies on the dollar for purchasing a debt should I try to negotiate a lower settlemtn for PFD? The balance owed is $444

Any advice is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Conns Collection 2011

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an account at Conn's that went to collection. The account was opened in 2011. No one has attempted to contact me since it went to collection so I am wondering what the best recourse would be for removing this collection from my CR.

Since it's in collections should I contact the CA and try to make an offer to PFD? Since it's in the hands of a collection agency and I know they usually pay pennies on the dollar for purchasing a debt should I try to negotiate a lower settlemtn for PFD? The balance owed is $444

Any advice is appreciated.

First thing I would do is see if this is still inside your states SOL, if it is contact no one unless you can settle it in full. Once you know what SOL status is then you can proceed to first contact the OC and if they still own it ask them to recall it in exchange for full payment, if they wont recall then offer the CA a PFD on the account. Sometimes one can get this done quickly other times its going to take some time to get one of these entities to agree to do something.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Conns Collection 2011

If willing to pay in full, I would simply make a PFD offer to the debt collector, and forget the around-the-barn attempt to get the OC to first teminate their collection assingment.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.