Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Success

tag
kevinlee28
New Contributor

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Success

i''m usually on here bashing but i wanted to share some good news... i had a old car loan with Americredit - it had a lot of lates and a repo on this listing it was from 2006. now its currently being reported by GM Financial. the loan was paid off in 2010. now trans and experian both report this as paid & closed with a current status of closed. but my good ol friend EQUIFAX is reporting it as open and 31-60 day late as a current status! WHEN IT WAS PAID OFF IN 2010 but it showed $0 past due... made no complete sense at all!

so i reported this error to the CFPB with a copy of my credit report (just on the GM FINANCIAL REPORTING), a copy of the letter i sent to Equifax .within 1 day they said they would send the letter to the company (7/9) on 7/15 i got a letter from Equifax saying that it was DELETED! 1 down 2 more to go still waiting on a reponse from TRANS, Experian already said verified.... but hey im still not gonna give up!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Karnage146
Contributor

Re: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Success

Congrats! I wish I had errors on my report, or at least knew how to spot an error lol. I need to comb thru my report a little more. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.