Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Recovery Associates-HELP

tag
daisy245
Contributor

Consumer Recovery Associates-HELP

I am being contacted repeatedly by Consumer Rec. Asso.  They are calling my fax, home, and cell #s everyday.  This has been going on for a month.  Everytime I answer the phone, there is only music playing for several minutes so I hang up.  I call there multiple #s back and it says out of service.  I have never received anything in the mail from them and just found out today who was doing all this calling.  My wife answered the phone and demanded the rep say who she was with and she was very rude.  She gave a fictitious address, I found out after filing a complaint on them with the BBB.  I sent a C&D letter, but still have no idea what they are calling about. They are not bonded it Texas, I already checked.  I have also filed a complaint with the FTC.  I thought they were supposed to have sent me something in the mail by now?  What else should I do from here?

I am not sure that my C&D letter is gonna work without the account information.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Consumer Recovery Associates-HELP

They are apparently a pretty notorious Junk Debt Buyer (JDB).  A Google search using their name turns up lots of information most of which is negative.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.