cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Midland, OC or BBB - More Plausible Option?

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Contact Midland, OC or BBB - More Plausible Option?

Hello,

I am looking for some advice regarding this saga with Midland.

1.   Midland bought a utility account from Vz around 2010 and started collecting in 2011. Midland is the only one reporting.

2. Numerous disputes over the past 2 years came back verified, though Midland never really sent me any substantive verification of the debt (beyond the name of the OC and the alleged balance).

3.  Overtime, I realized I had paid the account before it got sold, but had no evidence to prove it to either Midland, and the OC insisted their records were correct.

4.  About a month ago, I found evidence of the account being paid in full before it was sold to Midland.  I sent a Direct Dispute (623) to Midland, with the evidence of bill payment. Midland responded, in their usual fashion that I send them more info.

5. I lodged a BBB complaint.  Midland responded that they would delete the entry from the CRs, pending request for verification from the seller and that they will not report the account to the CRAs until they have been able to send me verification.  So the account was deleted from the CR.

6. Just yesterday the account was reinserted.  I did not receive any letter from Midland before the reinsertion. 

So, what should I do now?

-- Contact Midland for proof of verification?

-- Go via BBB again, updating the complaint, indicating that Midland failed to live to its promise

--  Can I still send a Direct Dispute (623) to the OC, though they have already sold the account?

Thanks for your thoughts .... 

Oy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Contact Midland, OC or BBB - More Plausible Option?

@Oyiwaa wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for some advice regarding this saga with Midland.

1.   Midland bought a utility account from Vz around 2010 and started collecting in 2011. Midland is the only one reporting.

2. Numerous disputes over the past 2 years came back verified, though Midland never really sent me any substantive verification of the debt (beyond the name of the OC and the alleged balance).  This is all they are required to send.

3.  Overtime, I realized I had paid the account before it got sold, but had no evidence to prove it to either Midland, and the OC insisted their records were correct.

4.  About a month ago, I found evidence of the account being paid in full before it was sold to Midland.  I sent a Direct Dispute (623) to Midland, with the evidence of bill payment. Midland responded, in their usual fashion that I send them more info.

5. I lodged a BBB complaint.  Midland responded that they would delete the entry from the CRs, pending request for verification from the seller and that they will not report the account to the CRAs until they have been able to send me verification.  So the account was deleted from the CR.

6. Just yesterday the account was reinserted.  I did not receive any letter from Midland before the reinsertion.  The CRA has to notify you of the reinsertion, not the CA.  Contact them (CRA) and ask them how it was reinserted and you were not notified.  Also tell them this was paid long before Midland recieved it and you have proof.

So, what should I do now?

-- Contact Midland for proof of verification?

-- Go via BBB again, updating the complaint, indicating that Midland failed to live to its promise

--  Can I still send a Direct Dispute (623) to the OC, though they have already sold the account?

Thanks for your thoughts .... 

Oy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.