cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacted by Dynamic Recovery Solutions-Zombie Debt

tag
Mylan96

Contacted by Dynamic Recovery Solutions-Zombie Debt

I would like the board's opinion about this because right now I'm paranoid I screwed up horribly. Out of the blue last night I was contacted by Dynamic Recovery Solutions about an old credit card debt that does back like 15 years. Stupidly I acknowledged that the debt was mine and am paranoid that all of a sudden this can show up as brand new debt. Is it actually possible for this to show up on my credit reports again? I haven't signed anythingn or agreed to pay anything. 

Oh I'm in the state of Virginia where the SOL would have ended in 1999/2000 or so. And it probably came off my credit reports around 2003/2004(not sure exactly when because I never checked my credit reports back then) The only other thing I can add is Dynamic Recovery Solutions did do a hard pull through Equifax today. All advice/info welcome.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
H4LO
Established Contributor

Re: Contacted by Dynamic Recovery Solutions-Zombie Debt

@Mylan96 wrote:

I would like the board's opinion about this because right now I'm paranoid I screwed up horribly. Out of the blue last night I was contacted by Dynamic Recovery Solutions about an old credit card debt that does back like 15 years. Stupidly I acknowledged that the debt was mine and am paranoid that all of a sudden this can show up as brand new debt. Is it actually possible for this to show up on my credit reports again? I haven't signed anythingn or agreed to pay anything. 

Oh I'm in the state of Virginia where the SOL would have ended in 1999/2000 or so. And it probably came off my credit reports around 2003/2004(not sure exactly when because I never checked my credit reports back then) The only other thing I can add is Dynamic Recovery Solutions did do a hard pull through Equifax today. All advice/info welcome.

Did you give them consent on a HP? 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 2 of 14
Mylan96

No I didn't give them consent for anything. Just the 2 min phone conversation last night where the topic never came up.

Message 3 of 14
wreith
Frequent Contributor

You may want to move this to the rebuilding group, they'll have a lot more information for you over there.  I do with you lots of luck dealing with this.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 4 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You probably are OK, simply saying its yours or even making payment on it does not restart the SOL clock in most states. If this is 15 years old it cannot be put back on your CRs and if you want to get rid of them send a FOAD letter. Best advise I can give is stay off the phone with a CA do all communication by mail only.

Adding: If its still open debt they can do a HP..

Message 5 of 14
EmpressLuv
Contributor

I had the same issue with them and it happened while I was buying my first home...but nothing never came of it except the hard pull on my credit report.  I did cuss dem out and tell them about it being SOL and never heard from them again.  Good luck though.

My Wallet: AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX BCE 1K, Express 1350, Victoria Secret 2250, Macy's 2000, Kay's 7600, Capital One 1400, Capital One 4000, Quicksilver One 3500; Quicksilver 3000; QVC 3500, Walmart 6000, Pier 1 1250, Kohl's 1500, JCrew 1550, JCPenny 3600, Discover 1500, Lowes 12000, Amazon 2400

Lender Pull: 2/16/13 TU: 672 EX: 681 EQ: 671
Current Scores: 2/6/15: TU 696 EX: 679 EQ: 658
Goal Score: 700
Message 6 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: What Does It Take to Activate Zombie Debt? - Contacted by Dynamic Recovery Solutions

Message 7 of 14
Mylan96

Re: What Does It Take to Activate Zombie Debt? - Contacted by Dynamic Recovery Solutions

No it was verbal and I didn't think anything of it till I got a hard pull today from them and started reading things online that  the SOL could be restarted. If anyone else can verify this I'd feel alot better about this.

Message 8 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A CA does not need your consent to do a HP.  The FCRA gives them PP in the collection of the debt.

Message 9 of 14
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Do they still have permissible purpose on a debt that is way out of SoL? ( I feel like I asked this once already but I don't recall if the time I asked this before if the debt was beyond the SoL for that person's state, and well passed the time it is allowed to be reported on the poster's credit reports)

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.