cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continental Finance/First Bank of Delaware Charge Off...Goodwill?

tag
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

Re: Continental Finance/First Bank of Delaware Charge Off...Goodwill?

Can you pm me the email address you sent the goodwill letter to?  I have these showing on all my credit reports and I have the collection agency it went to as well since it was a CO.  Any assistance will help me.  Thank you for your posting it keeps my hope alive since I still have 7 bad items on my credit report

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not send them a goodwill letter.  If you had a card issued during the period of the court order, just file a claim with the FDIC as stated above.  I did not communicate with FBD at all.

Message 22 of 46
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

I filed the claim with FDIC, I am awaiting their response.  I just got my experian result back where they verified my account.

Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)

Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries.  They did the same thing to me three times!  They kept verifying a debt that they supposedly sold, and I found out that I could file a claim under the court order.  Your tradeline will "MIRACULOUSLY" disappear now that the FDIC is involved.  It took only a week for them to disappear from TU and EX.  EQ just disappeared last week.  They wrote something like.........the account that you are disputing is no longer showing on your report.

Be patient. 

Message 24 of 46
Established Member

I had written 3 goodwill e-mails to the former CEO and got the standard "we do not remove valid debts"...blah blah response.  Then, the fourth e-mail I wrote I began to cite these legal issues.  On a whim, I disputed the trade line a few weeks ago with Experian and not only was it removed from Experian, it was removed from all 3 reports!!!

Starting Score: EQ: 573 1-27-11
Current Score: TU: 622 EQ:631 EX: 637 (PSECU) 10-18-11
Goal Score: TU: 750 EQ 700 EX: 700

Message 25 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whew hew!  AWESOME!!  It kills me that these companies feel like they can "anything" and get away with it.

Great job!!!!

Message 26 of 46
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

Can you send me the email where you sent your emails too???

Message 27 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there!  Please follow the thread above.  I never sent any emails to anyone.  I filed a complaint with the FDIC after I found out that FBD was ordered to do certain things.  The information is above.

Message 28 of 46
Loques
Regular Contributor

Would you be willing to PM me the email address you used? I've been trying to get these leeches off my report for 3 years!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T PAY ANYTHING TO FIRST BANK OF DELAWARE/CONTINENTAL FINANCE.  They are in violation of a court order.  They should not be verifying anything to credit bureaus, especially in cases where they "sold" the debt, but they continue to do so.  I filed a complaint with the FDIC on September 9, 2011.  All I wanted them to do was prove that I had an account with them or delete what they are reporting.  They keep verifying.  It's sickening, that they think that folks will just "give up."  Now they "owe" us money and a deletion of the tradeline, but I'm suing for damages for every single month that this tradeline appeared on my credit report since the court order!

Edited:  800-378-9581.  She is at the FDIC, and handles First Bank of Delaware/Continental Finance.  She'll make the bank respond, but has nothing to do with the litigation that I'm filing against them.

THEY WERE ORDERED TO CEASE AND DESIST IN DECEMBER 2008.  THEY ACTUALLY OWE YOU MONEY, IN ADDITION, THEY WERE ORDERED TO DELETE THE TRADELINES OF CERTAIN CUSTOMERS.  PLEASE REFER TO:  http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/press/2008/FBD_Notice_of_Charges.pdf

Another order:  http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/enforcement/2008-10-03.pdf

The final order:  http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/enforcement/2008-12-03.pdf

File a complaint with the FDIC.  It will get to Edited, she'll make the bank respond.  Find out where your restitution check is.  I've checked Unclaimed Property in my state, since the only way I found out about this is researching and trying to get rid of the ridiculous tradeline on my credit report.  We won't even talk about the fact that I filed for BK and they refuse to notate it, but keep verifying that the tradeline is correct.

I hope this helps someone!!!!

Bad Credit Slayer!

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.