cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continental Finance/First Bank of Delaware Charge Off...Goodwill?

tag
Loques
Regular Contributor

Re: Continental Finance/First Bank of Delaware Charge Off...Goodwill?

For this complaint, what did you mention about your credit report? I'm trying to figure out a good way to phrase this without making it seem like my primary purpose for filing a complaint...  Smiley Indifferent  Any tips?

Although, I really would like my restitution as well!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just mention what you want are seeking.  I simply stated that my account falls within the lawsuit that the FDIC filed agains FBD, et. al, and that they keep verifying my account, even though they say they sold it, and even though they have a "court" order to remove it from all three bureaus and pay restitution.

Message 32 of 46
virgo
Established Contributor

28217, You also have a case against the cb's. If any one of them investigated as they are required to the bank would not have been able to continue verifying. When you dispute to the cb the first time, they merely send a ping electronically; that's why some things are not updated, a computer can only update if someone has enteredd the info. No info. No update and verification, deletion. That's when the 'method of verification' letter comes in to play. When they revcieve this letter they are forced to reinvestigate which means contacting the info furnisher human to human they would have discovers the court order three years ago. The bank isn't the only one to blame here. Also, this is to anyone who has a lien or coj on their reports. The cb's hire vendors to provide them with this information. The its sprang't do it;the courts don't it. It's the cb's. This now makes them 'info furnishers' and bound by the same rules. What does this mean? It means if they did not give the 30 day notice that this is going on your report. Violation! If they are not updating this info. Violation! I learned this the hard way so I hope it can eleviate someone else's pain. Sorry for the long wind.
Message 33 of 46
virgo
Established Contributor

28217, And anyone else with the FBD/Continental finance albatross still squawking at them. The bank was given a cease and desist from the FDIC in 12/08. Go to WWW.FDIC.com and you can read the court order. Basically the TL's should have been deleted back in 08 for every customer holding a card. Then check your reports for how long the bureaus have allowed this to go on. I'm guessing most people have disputed this with the cb's and it came back verified. That amounts to three violations right there. If the cb's investigated as per the law they would have discovered the court order. Since they did't-violation! Allowing it to remain-violation! Now on to the bank. By continuing to send back 'verified' to the cb's is a wilful violation of the court order. Call the cb's and tell them in no uncertain terms that you want this removed yesterday . This should be all it takes. But if they still don't budge, trot down to small claims file against all of them separately, and fax them the stamped paperwork from the clerk. Important-don't forget to name the agent for process for each. They'd be beyond stupid to dig in on this one. Good luck.
Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct!  I put all the documents and information in an earlier post, so that folks who had the same issues I did would know how to proceed.

The CBs are not off the hook, as I plan to sue them in Small Claims Court for each violation, i.e., each time I've disputed since 2008 and they sent a notice back saying "Verified."

Message 35 of 46
gottagoal

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge

Message 36 of 46
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

So what about a collections from continential finance? does the same thing apply? 

Message 37 of 46
virgo
Established Contributor

Anything connected to Continental Finance must be deleted. No excuses.
Message 38 of 46
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

Great! Thank you! 

Message 39 of 46
knr

It's been a positive tradeline on my report for over four years... does it have to be deleted?

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.