Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continental Finance/First Bank of Delaware

tag
Loques
Regular Contributor

Continental Finance/First Bank of Delaware

I realized today that Continental Finance/First Bank of Delaware no longer exist! I have a CO from 2008 from and subsequent CA from 2008 reporting. Everything has been paid but they didn't budge as far as removing it. And then...

I came across the Cease & Desist order from 2008 against them. Here: https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/press/2008/FBD_Notice_of_Charges.pdf

Although this item is scheduled to fall off soon, I'm tired of looking at it. So, I filed a complaint with the FDIC stating that per the order, this account and any reference of it (to me, this means the CA account) should be removed (and apparently, I should get restitution - not sure I will since the bank is now Bryn Mawr Trust). I also disputed both on all 3 CR for good measure. I was actually planning on sending GW letters for early delete, but I'm curious as to how this will pan out.

Just wanted to share with you all, will keep you updated!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Continental Finance/First Bank of Delaware

Well well well. Another victim. I've been talking about these crooks for months. Smiley Happy
I got co with them from 2007. Will fall off in November. When I found out they had court order. I called Equifax and transunion.

Transunion removed in 2 hours.
Equifax in 2 days.
Experian. I just posted thread today
28 days and counting.
2 more days for results. I'm sure will be gone. Hoping for 80 point boost. Like I got on transunion. Call dispute. Do it tomorrow don't wait. Good luck with those crooks friend.
Message 2 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

I forgot to mention the restitution they were ordered to pay. But listen. This wolf came back in sheep clothing.

The matrix discover card. Google it. Bad as ever. http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/reviews/matrix-credit-card-afraid-afraid/
Like the man said be afraid be very afraid !!
Message 3 of 9
Loques
Regular Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
I forgot to mention the restitution they were ordered to pay. But listen. This wolf came back in sheep clothing.

The matrix discover card. Google it. Bad as ever. http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/reviews/matrix-credit-card-afraid-afraid/
Like the man said be afraid be very afraid !!

Why am I not surpised?! Smiley Surprised

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 4 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

Lmao Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

finally today. i got results back from experian. Continental finance. first bank of deleware is out of my life forever.

The last Charge off from them is history. WOOT wooT!!!! however. i did not get the bump i was expecting on my experian. only got a 10 point boost on my fico. shame. 6 years 9 months with this on my report. I wonder if i should seek the restitution the goverment is offering. from these clowns.

Message 6 of 9
Loques
Regular Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

finally today. i got results back from experian. Continental finance. first bank of deleware is out of my life forever.

The last Charge off from them is history. WOOT wooT!!!! however. i did not get the bump i was expecting on my experian. only got a 10 point boost on my fico. shame. 6 years 9 months with this on my report. I wonder if i should seek the restitution the goverment is offering. from these clowns.

Good for you!!! I'm hoping I have the same success, I just wish I would have done it earlier!! I'm going for the restitution. Why not? It surely can't make it worse!

--------------------
Message 7 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well if you get any information in that. Let me know. Who to write. Contact info etc.... On if you have to thanks.
Message 8 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well waiting now to get info on restitution. 

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Consumer Response Center 1100 Walnut Street, Box #11 Kansas City, MO 64106 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342)

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.