cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continental Finance?? Main Street Acquisitions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Continental Finance?? Main Street Acquisitions?

I just pulled up my report and see a credit card from Continental Finance on there and I never opened a card.....I called them and wanted to know who opened it and where it was opened and whether it was opened through internet or mail...they won't tell me a thing.  So the guy at the credit card place gave me the name of the collection agency which isnt the same as the collection agency on my report??  So I asked Continental about this and they said they have never heard of the company that's on my report.  The one that's on my report is Main Street Acquisitions, well I tried a search on them and can't find a thing?  So now I have 2 bad things on my credit report and have no idea how they got there and can't get any answers from this company......help in any way you can!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Continental Finance?? Main Street Acquisitions?

Dispute them on all 3 of your credit reports.. "no knowledge of account"

Message 2 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If I had that, and if I had not checked my CRs in a long time (sounds like they've been there for a while?), then I would contact the police and file a report for ID theft. I would then use that report to dispute with all 3 CRAs. Disputing without it would likely result in it being verified. Main Street contracts with Continental Finance to collect for them.

Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I just pulled up my report and see a credit card from Continental Finance on there and I never opened a card.....I called them and wanted to know who opened it and where it was opened and whether it was opened through internet or mail...they won't tell me a thing.  So the guy at the credit card place gave me the name of the collection agency which isnt the same as the collection agency on my report??  So I asked Continental about this and they said they have never heard of the company that's on my report.  The one that's on my report is Main Street Acquisitions, well I tried a search on them and can't find a thing?  So now I have 2 bad things on my credit report and have no idea how they got there and can't get any answers from this company......help in any way you can!!

Extremely confusiing!

Did the OC, Continental, ever post to your CR?  Apparently not.

How could they then refer you to a debt collector if they had no information to give you on a purported OC account with them? Hmmmm.

Maybe they sold the debt to CA1,who did not post to your CR, but rather sold the debt to CA2, who then posted,  In that event, the OC will may very weill not even know or care about CA2.

If CA2 posted to your CR, then their name and contact shold no longer be a mystery.  They were requiared to have sent you a formal collection (dunning) notice within 5-days of posting to your CR.  That must have provided you with their identity, and the identity of the alleged OC.  Did they ever provide dunning notice?

If the OC has posted to your CR, then you can dispute their posting under FCRA 611(a) or 623(a).  Since CA2 has also posted to your CR, then you can either/and dispute with them under FCRA 611(a) or 623(a), or request debt validateion from the CA under FDCPA 809(b).

Llecs" advice is also well-placed, if you truly have no knowledge of the OC account, and are willing to sign a police report to that end.

Then you file a request under FCRA 605(B) for block of reported information to your CR.  That must be accompanied by a copy of a police report.

Hard ti recommend the next action when the facts are still kinda confusing.

Message 4 of 11
dznen1
Regular Contributor

I too, have Main Street Acquisitions on my cr.  It is for a Wells Fargo account. I had. Of course there is no phone number, just an address and nothing online when I searched that had a phone #.   

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I truly never used a credit card since 2005 and this is stating that it was used it 2008....can you still have charges for a card that you got preapproved for in the mail?  Other than someone using it, that is the only other thing I can think of.  I am so confused on all this.  Yes the OC is on my CR and also the Main Street Acq., but when I asked Continental about the Main Street people, they had no idea who that company was?  I have disputed it on all 3 reports, but I am scared to file a police report in the case that I had received something in the mail but just threw it away, I wouldn't want to get in trouble for a false report if that was the case. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since there is no phone number, how am I supposed to find them and ask them about these charges? 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked up main Street Aquisitions for a friend of mine and saw that they are a CA under Credigy and I found some email addresses that may work for you. PM me if you need them.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Main Street is definitely the CA for Continental Finance. I'm dealing with them myself. However, Main Street uses an outsourced foreign company to collect on their collections. The name of that company is called AGES Resource Management. Main street is not even a BBB accredited company. I would check into fraud or contact Continental Fraud department. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently pulled  credit report and found a charged off amt of $863 from Main Street Acquisition/Continental. This account was opened in 6/08 and reported 4/11. Within the credit report stated high balance of $528.  I have no idea what it is and cannot get any info. Please give me any email addresses you might have or mailing addresses. Please advise.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.