cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continue GW effort or just let them age off.

tag
chicharitta
Established Member

Continue GW effort or just let them age off.

A couple of weeks ago I sent out several GW letters. The responses are starting to trickle in. So far its no dice.

Heres what I have

Asset Acceptance- Responded with a form leter stating account was paid in Feb 2012. No balance owed?

First Premier - SUPRISE! NO!

Capital One- Still Waiting

HSBC CC - Still Waiting

GECRB/Walmart- Still waiting

Santander Auto- Still Waiting

American Education Services- Still waiting

Cap 1, First Premier and HSBC are scheduled to fall off 02/14.

Asset Acceptance 03/14.

GECRB wont fall off until 04/2015.

AES has two 30 day lates 10/2007 and 09/2008

Santander has a 30 day late from 03/2010.

Should I continue to send GW's or should I just let them fall off? Im not too worried about the stuff thats going to fall off in 2014 since I am now gardening. Sometime in 2015 I do plan on purchasing a house and Im worried GECRB, AES and Santander will get in the way.  What says the Fico Forum?

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Joined the Garden Club 04-08-13
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Continue GW effort or just let them age off.

Keep sending them until you get a "yes". The only time you want to consider stopping is when the age of the TL matters more than the baddie itself. It's possible to lose points when removing old COs. It depends on the age of the OC account in relation to your AAoA.

Message 2 of 4
rm3
Regular Contributor

I have 2 first premier co I'm going to just pay off/settle since they won't fall off until the end of next year.
I have a 30 day late with AES from 8/2012 I wish I could get removed. Please let me know how your GW goes with them.
I believe I got Asset Acceptance removed through BBB complaint.

Message 3 of 4
chicharitta
Established Member

@rm3 wrote:
I have 2 first premier co I'm going to just pay off/settle since they won't fall off until the end of next year.
I have a 30 day late with AES from 8/2012 I wish I could get removed. Please let me know how your GW goes with them.
I believe I got Asset Acceptance removed through BBB complaint.
rm3, I have 3 loans through AES. If i get nowhere with a GW im going to contact them as well as Key Bank who financed the loan and request a full payment history since my other 2 loans are reporting perfect payment history. How only one has lates when its one payment for all 3 loans is beyond me

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Joined the Garden Club 04-08-13
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.