Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Callers INC!!!!!!!!! - LIVID

tag
erlafontaine
Valued Member

Contract Callers INC!!!!!!!!! - LIVID

I am LIVID right now.....I've been working my butt off and I have gotten 95% of collections off my file.  My total debt to my name on my report is only $600 and thats all 1 bill from GE AMAZON.

Out of nowhere ....a collection shows up today from CONTRACT CALLERS INC. from an old PSEG bill.  Last month I set up payment arrangements with a girl on the phone $150 this month and $126 a month for the next 2 months till this was paid.  She assured me 3 times this would not hit my credit file since I was setting up the payments.  She stated to me clearly had a not set up payment arrangements it would have been reported on 2/17.  Well they took the first payment out of my account on 2/21.  Now all of the sudden today they pop up on my report! Not only that they are reporting it incorrectly as a balance of $403 ...which doesnt even show the payment i gave them last month!

I called today and got transfered 4 times.....only to be told that i was given mis-info! that the only way they wouldnt report is if i had apid in full that day on the phone and that they couldnt do anything since whoever i spoke do didnt notate that she told me it wouldnt be reported!

Well you know what I asked for her manager and got her extension as well and i advised her that if this wasnt rectified i would contact the BBB FTC and attorney general .....so she agreed to send a deletion request and advised she would also be mailing it to me in writing. 

Hopefully they will follow through and I submit my BBB complaint just in case!  Sorry for the rant.....but Im so upset because this same thing happened recently with AARGON collection agency ....a bill my brother opened fraudulently under my ssn to get his electric service turned on ......it was only $122 so i told them send me the bill and I will pay it rather than file charges against my brother.  Well they never did and just reported it.  Ipaid it and they sent the deletion request and gave it to me in writing but I have yet to see it come off.

Provided these 2 come off I will have 0 collections on my account!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But its discouraging to work so hard then have these things pop up even after payments made

Starting Score: Decem 2012 - 568 (EX) ?? (TU FICO) 464 (EQ FICO) 540 (TU) 511 (CREDIT KARMA) 549 (QUIZZLE) 608 (CREDIT SESAME)
Current Score: December 2013 - 633 (EX) 585 (TU FICO) 583 (EQ FICO) 611 (TU) 591 (CREDIT KARMA) 623 (QUIZZLE) 660 (CREDIT SESAME) 660 (CREDIT.COM)
Goal Score: 700 across the board - Hoping to buy a home by March 2014..All baddies removed except for one stubborn First Premier who refuses to take it off even though it's PIF! GRRR

In my wallet: Home Depot $500 | Buckle $250 | Express $500 | Loft $500 | VS $350

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Contract Callers INC!!!!!!!!! - LIVID

@erlafontaine wrote:

I am LIVID right now.....I've been working my butt off and I have gotten 95% of collections off my file.  My total debt to my name on my report is only $600 and thats all 1 bill from GE AMAZON.

Out of nowhere ....a collection shows up today from CONTRACT CALLERS INC. from an old PSEG bill.  Last month I set up payment arrangements with a girl on the phone $150 this month and $126 a month for the next 2 months till this was paid.  She assured me 3 times this would not hit my credit file since I was setting up the payments.  She stated to me clearly had a not set up payment arrangements it would have been reported on 2/17.  Well they took the first payment out of my account on 2/21.  Now all of the sudden today they pop up on my report! Not only that they are reporting it incorrectly as a balance of $403 ...which doesnt even show the payment i gave them last month!

I called today and got transfered 4 times.....only to be told that i was given mis-info! that the only way they wouldnt report is if i had apid in full that day on the phone and that they couldnt do anything since whoever i spoke do didnt notate that she told me it wouldnt be reported!

Well you know what I asked for her manager and got her extension as well and i advised her that if this wasnt rectified i would contact the BBB FTC and attorney general .....so she agreed to send a deletion request and advised she would also be mailing it to me in writing. 

Hopefully they will follow through and I submit my BBB complaint just in case!  Sorry for the rant.....but Im so upset because this same thing happened recently with AARGON collection agency ....a bill my brother opened fraudulently under my ssn to get his electric service turned on ......it was only $122 so i told them send me the bill and I will pay it rather than file charges against my brother.  Well they never did and just reported it.  Ipaid it and they sent the deletion request and gave it to me in writing but I have yet to see it come off.

Provided these 2 come off I will have 0 collections on my account!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But its discouraging to work so hard then have these things pop up even after payments made

How long ago was this?

You have a signed deletion letter from them.  If it isn't off your report file a complaint with the BBB for them not honoring a written contract.

Message 2 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they don t follow through, a BBB complaint is good, if they are concerned about their business perception.

However, to get a little more punch, I would also consider filing a formal complaint with the FTC.

It is an unfair collection practice for a debt collector to make false representations.  FDCPA 807.

While the FTC rareley takes specific sanction or legal action on individual consumer complaints, they have the authority to do so, and will at least write a letter of inquiry to the debt collector.

Message 3 of 12
erlafontaine
Valued Member

Thank you guys! I submit BBB anyway just in case and it just came off today !

Starting Score: Decem 2012 - 568 (EX) ?? (TU FICO) 464 (EQ FICO) 540 (TU) 511 (CREDIT KARMA) 549 (QUIZZLE) 608 (CREDIT SESAME)
Current Score: December 2013 - 633 (EX) 585 (TU FICO) 583 (EQ FICO) 611 (TU) 591 (CREDIT KARMA) 623 (QUIZZLE) 660 (CREDIT SESAME) 660 (CREDIT.COM)
Goal Score: 700 across the board - Hoping to buy a home by March 2014..All baddies removed except for one stubborn First Premier who refuses to take it off even though it's PIF! GRRR

In my wallet: Home Depot $500 | Buckle $250 | Express $500 | Loft $500 | VS $350

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 12
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Always! Always! Get those agreements in writing. In the past, I have aske for a letter in the mail and an email confirmation and fax copy as well. I never trust any verbal agreement I get from a CA. they are worse than us deadbeats who neglected to pay our bills. Smiley LOL

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 5 of 12
cd0926
Established Member

A collection from contract caller inc showed up on my CR last month. I sent them a letter to request a PFD. They sent me a letter agreeing to delete. I paid the bill and then I faxed the information over to them showing I paid and a copy of the letter they sent me to agree to delete and it was gone in about a week. I got my point back and is now happy so they do accept PFD.

Message 6 of 12
CreditBuilder01
Valued Member

Hello,

I have  a collection on for First Energy Electric company and I wanted to know if you would be able to provide me with a contact number, e-mail, or address that you used to get your PFD I would greatly appreciate it.  Down to last to collections!!!

Thank you for your time in advance!!

Message 7 of 12
UrbanFlower
Visitor

Hello,

Can you tell me who you dealt with at Contract Callers.  I also want to submit a PFD but want to deal with someone who'll accept my offer and actually follow-through with  the delet.  

Your help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

"they are worse than us deadbeats who neglected to pay our bills."

Now, THATS funny right there!

Message 9 of 12
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I had one show up today from Contract Callers. I have no idea where this bill is from. I have never been contacted. I'm so frustrated!! I'm really tired of collections agencies pulling this crap. It's for $124. If it's mine, I'll pay it, but at least contact me first!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.