Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Callers collection agency????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contract Callers collection agency????

Spent the last year getting my report cleaned up. Check my bank account this morning and find some company out of GA called contract  callers tooks a 100.00 from my checking account. Now I've never heard of this company and of course now I have to waite until Tuesday to call them and my CU. Anyone heard of them or dealt with them.  On my credit report I have a closed Cap1 auto loan that's almost 7 years old and one other that I can't remember off the top of my head. I owe them 300 and had paid 50 to date but never approved any one else to take money from my account. Any ideas???????????????

On the good side the last year has been very good. I cleaned up 99% of a my CR, have a chase, amex and venture with decent limits and just bought a new 16 outlander for the wife. Looking to refinance my home in the summer of 17 too. So for those just starting the process of cleaning up your cedit, hang in there. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Contract Callers collection agency????

In searching the forums, it seems that "Contract Callers" is synonymous with "Scumbags".  Taking money from your account without prior payment arrangments is not cool.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

From mid December to late January, I received 13 calls from them. Never answered, just let them go to voicemail.

I have two current negative accounts, a chargeoff with Kia Motor Finance from 2012 and a collection from The Bureaus from 2013.

I never received anything in the mail from Contract Callers, so I looked up their corporate headquarters address and sent a DV/C&D. Haven't received any calls since, and still haven't received anything in the mail from them. No clue what they were trying to harass me about, since I don't have any other current negative accounts besides those two.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A cease communication letter can be sent to a debt collector at any time.

Send CMRRR, thus documenting their date of receipt.

After receipt, it is a violation for them to initiate any communication with you.

FDCPA 805(c).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.