cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent Collections agency Class Action Lawsuit?

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Convergent Collections agency Class Action Lawsuit?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else here had received a post card about being a part of a Class Action Lawsuit against Convergent?

We got one in the mail today for my fiancé , when we first started our rebuilding in Jan of this year he had like 4 bogus accts with them listed as the CA for stuff he had never opened like cell phone service and ect. Anyway we disputed and they came right off bc they couldn't verify the info. Anyways just wondering if anyone else had gotten this.post card and if so do you plan to enter a claim?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Convergent Collections agency Class Action Lawsuit?

. I will definitely be filing a claim!

Message 2 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

What are your reasons for your claim ?
Message 3 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Trying to figure out if it's worth us filing one or not
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rceived a postcard about this too.  I'm going to file a claim.  There's no cost, and there will be some monetary compensation... So why not?  These people (Convergent) were ruthless in trying to collect a,debt that was my ex-husband's, not mine.  I'm glad somebody filed a lawsuit.

Message 5 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

We don't know who the debts belonged to that they had on my Fiance's credit file but it sure caused us some grief so we will file a claim also.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't received the pc, but they are the WORST!    The sent me a letter stating I owed for Dish network, for an address that was mine, but I never had Dish.   I sent them a DV letter, and they sent be a completely fake printout of a Dish bill with my address from 3 years after I moved out.     I filed a CFPB complaint and uploaded their printouts, they responded with "We are sorry that you have been a victim of identiy theft.  We are withdrawing our attempts to collect from you"    UGH!

Message 7 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

@LolaCat oh wow they are ruthless ..Glad you got it resolved with them. They had the dang nerve after we disputed the accts and they were removed , they sent us letters asking us to HELP them verify his accounts bc they couldn't find the info.......
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.