Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent Outsourcing HELP

tag
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

Convergent Outsourcing HELP

Good morning everyone,

I just received a letter in the mail from Convergent Outsourcing stating that they are a debt collector who purchased $270.00 worth of bad debt from my original creditor Suntrust Bank. I had a regular checking account with Suntrust back in 2010. I switched banks and closed my account with them sometime in 2011 (did this at my actual local branch). I made sure to update all of my other accounts on auto-pay so they wouldn't try to deduct from a closed account. That same week I canceled my gym membership (changed gyms as well).

Well, turns out my gym membership was NOT canceled - and they still tried to deduct from my CLOSED Suntrust account. You would think the transactions would just be declined, but NOPE. I find out 6 months later that Suntrust actually processed the deductions by zombifying my checking account - slamming me with NSF fees the entire time. I had a FIELD DAY with this and Suntrust reversed the NSF fees and advised that they actually closed the account this time. I then contacted the gym and I thought everything was handled.

In 2012 I noticed a collection from NCO via Suntrust on my TU report. When I checked my report again (6 months later), it was removed. I did not dispute this - it was removed on its own. Since then, I haven't seen anything - until this letter from Convergent.

At this point I'm trying extremely hard to rebuild my credit. I have a couple secured CC's that I've been using extremely responsibly, an auto loan with no lates, and my student loan with no lates. I REALLY don't want this CA to report and just completely ruin all the work I've been doing this past year. Convergent has NOT reported anything to the CRA's yet - and the OC (Suntrust) has never reported anything either. Should I just call the CA and pay their 50% offer to prevent them from reporting?

I'm not sure what to do.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
afr4life06
Contributor

Re: Convergent Outsourcing HELP

When i had Convergent on my credit, i sent a DV letter, and they responded by taking the collection off my credit. I would suggest the same thing. If the story is accurate then i dont think they would be able to validate it. Worth the try. Good luck

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 2 of 6
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

I have them on mine to but I haven't heard from them in awhile. Trying to get the money to get rid of them. I'll try dv-ing them also. Tell us if your dv works.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LShawn08 wrote:
I have them on mine to but I haven't heard from them in awhile. Trying to get the money to get rid of them. I'll try dv-ing them also. Tell us if your dv works.

What is DV?

Message 4 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LShawn08 wrote:

What is DV?

Debt Validation.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Whitneyy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LShawn08 wrote:

What is DV?

Debt Validation.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.