cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent Outsourcing - PIF/Settlement?

tag
SoCal13

Convergent Outsourcing - PIF/Settlement?

Hi all,

I've been stalking the forums for some time, but am now looking for feedback regarding a settlement offer...

This notice is being sent to you by a collection agency. The records of Springleaf financial Services show that your account has a past due balance of $799.67.

Our client has advised us that they are willing to settle your account for 50% of your total balance due to clean up your past balance. The full settlement must be received in our office by an agreed upon date. If you are interested in taking advantage of this offer, call our office within 35 days of this letter. Your settlement would be $399.84 to clear this account in full. 

I have the money to PIF, but  would I see any score increase difference if i take the settlement?

Starting Score: 545
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
xqti254
Established Member

Re: Convergent Outsourcing - PIF/Settlement?

I was able to get them to delete with full payment. The settlement will still show as a collection. Deleting the collection is the only option that will result in a score increase,

Message 2 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

If they wont accept a PFD, at the least, get their agreement not to post a paid/settled for less special comment.

Message 3 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Respond to them asking for a deletion at this discounted price.  Maybe they say no, maybe they say yes, maybe they counter with a different amount.  It's worth a try.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 12
SoCal13

I called the CA and they said they have no control of the fico entry since they didn't ding my CR - only the OC did...
I guess I'll try snail mailing the PFD letter?

Message 5 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi SoCal13,

Let's start at the beginning.Take a breathe and do your homework, before doing anything.Smiley Wink

Do you have your current or a recent CR's?    Is the OC reporting or the CA? or both?

Do you know the DoFD on this debt?

EQ CR's list the DoFD, if the OC is reporting it should list it.

Do you know if this debt is passed your states SOL?

if you dont know, just tell us what state you live in.

Well that's enough to start with, talk with you again soon.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 12
SoCal13

Hi LIGHTNIN,

I've addressed your questions below:

1. Do you have your current or a recent CR's?

Yes, I just pulled my EQ fico score a few days ago.

2. Is the OC reporting or the CA? or both?

Only the OC is reporting.

3. Do you know the DoFD on this debt? EQ CR's list the DoFD, if the OC is reporting it should list it.

I reviewed the entry on the CR -  it shows that the account was opened on 7/30/10, and the last payment was on 11/30/10. 

4. Do you know if this debt is passed your states SOL? If you dont know, just tell us what state you live in.

I reside in California. I believe the SOL is 4 years.

Message 7 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Debts are either sold to CA's or assigned to CA's with the OC still owning the debt.

Some CA's report to CRA's while others do not. Oh and some CA's will report, after you paid them.

What you don't want to happen is.....have a CA or a judgment reported on your CR, that will have a huge ding to your CS.

If the OC is still reporting a balance, then the OC may still own the debt.

You could contact the OC see if, they would accept payment and pull the debt back from the CA.

Or you can deal with the CA, as long as they agree to not report, after you paid them.

You can change the wording of the PFD Letter,   to Pay for Not Reporting.  

Very important, get a agreement in writing before paying.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 12
TrishN
Established Contributor

i sent them a DV . no response after 45 days.

i sent PFD(PIF) no resonse too

then i have to do dirty way.

i called them and paid for it.

after it paid . i dispute all 3 CRA complaint to BBB complaint with AG and FTC. 2 months latter..... gone

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 9 of 12
SoCal13

UPDATE:

I tried a PFD letter and recieved no response...I also called in (a couple different times) and was told that they wont PFD. Nor would they accept a settlement with a special comment. So,  does a nyone have a backdoor email/number for Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. they can share/PM?

Thanks!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.