cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent Outsourcing Re-Aging recourse. Please help.

tag
redshoes
Established Member

Re: Convergent Outsourcing Re-Aging recourse. Please help.

So I went ahead and pulled my EQ, EX and TU reports from their sites tonight. Disputed some old address stuff and this Convergent business. Fingers crossed, Rkalynsmith, that my luck is as good as yours!

Side note, I've heard people gripe that Cap 1 reports irregularly; that hasn't been my experience with them so far. I've seen a regular, predictable bump every month.

Message 31 of 39
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

GOODLUCK!! Yeah my first statement for Cap1 is on the 26 so I hope they report this month. Just did the fingerhut thing too so I'm hopeful LOL 

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 39
redshoes
Established Member

Just heard from Equifax. Deleted. Based on your experience, Rkalynsmith, I hope Experian comes through as well. The re-aging on TU didn't seem as extreme; I'm hoping they come up with the same results as the other two bureaus. It's possible that I could be down to one (paid) baddie by spring! And there's little to do about that one but just let it age and bury it with responsibility.

Message 33 of 39
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!! It's all working out! 

Message 34 of 39
redshoes
Established Member

Thanks! As a side note: my scores were slightly lower than yours when I started with Cap One; I've seen a 100-point bump on EQ since I got the card in August. I pay it in full every month well ahead of the due date, then go ahead and buy a few things and pay off all but 14 bucks about a week before the statement date and don't touch the card until the statement date passes, which leaves me at 7% utilization when it's reported.

Message 35 of 39
redshoes
Established Member

Pulled TU and EX this evening. TU saw a massive score jump (613 to 666), but Convergent's still on there. I got curious to see what EX was like because I wanted to apply for the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer and I know from experience that Chase pulls EQ and EX where I live. Convergent was gone from EX and my score was 657. This whole journey started when my file was super-thin and I tried to apply for Chase Slate back in July because I've been banking with them for years. Literally, my file was so thin that MyFICO wouldn't give me a score. Found out that my score was 548 when I applied for Slate. Anyway, fast-forward five months and with the help of the folks on this forum, and especially in this thread, I got approved for the MileagePlus Explorer with a $2000 CL. So a hearty and heartfelt thank you to everybody who offered their advice and experience! I'll update the thread when I find out what happens with TU.

Message 36 of 39
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!!! Time really does heal all wounds!! Hope to have your luck when I start applying for things real soon

Message 37 of 39
redshoes
Established Member

Just got my results from TransUnion. It's now off all three reports!

Message 38 of 39
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!!! Hard work is paying off! 

@redshoes wrote:

Just got my results from TransUnion. It's now off all three reports!

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.