Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent Outsourcing Validated....

tag
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Convergent Outsourcing Validated....

They sent me a dunning notice...I responded within 30 days with a DV....I got a letter today...they have validated the debt. 

Now....where do I go from here?  PFD?   ...After validating, will they report to the CB's promptly or is there gap of time I have to PIF before they report it?   Any info is appreciated.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Convergent Outsourcing Validated....

Whether and when they report is up to them.  Did the letter state if you paid by a certain date they wouldn't report?

Since they have validated, and it isn't on your CR, a PFD wouldn't work.  I would call them and ask them if you PIF will they not report.  Try to get it in writing but if they won't I would pay it if they say they will not report.

Message 2 of 10
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

No it just shows proof of validation.   If they accept the PIF, should i pay it online or pay by mail?  

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 10
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info....one more question.

Would it be alright to contact them by email?  If so, where could I obtain their email address?   I went to their website and under "contact" it says "this form is for general inquiries"...and it gives the topic option of "receivable management inquiry" or "commercial inquiry".....i'm not sure if this where I should be contacting them or not.

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 10
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

I need some help here I think...i'm not sure what's going on.......

I used the dunning notice Convergent sent me...signed into the account tonight using the info on the notice...My account showed $0 balance...and the Current Status read "Recalled by Creditor".   What in crap does that mean?  

For record...the CO from OC was December, 2011...I had a brief conversation with them prior to that about repayment, contact was never made again.  The OC never reported it to the CB's....and then November, 2013 is when I received the dunning notice from Convergent.  I don't have a clue when the debt was recalled to be exact because I just created an account with Convergent tonight...i'm assuming anywhere between the day they received my DV letter and today when I actually received the response.  I'm wondering why the OC would recall right after the CA validated?   Is this normal, bad...or what?   I have the money to PIF...I just don't know what all this means....(will OC now report to CB's, who should I contact, and if the OC does report, does this recall hurt my chances of a PFD, etc...)...I know this is a lot of questions and I apologize....this stuff stresses me out sometimes.  Thanks for reading.

Message 7 of 10
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Call the original creditor back. Tell them what happened, and be honest. Explain that you want to take care of this before it reports to your credit report and that you'd like to pay the account in full. Let them know you were just about to pay the bill to Convergent when you saw that they (the original creditor) recalled the account. If you want, you can add that you would have preferred to pay them directly any way! Basically, follow the advice Guiness already gave you, but now with the original creditor.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 8 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

For whatever reason, the creditor chose to terminate their assignment of collection assistance with the debt collector.

Perhaps they wish to pursue collection themselves without paying another, perhaps they wish to assign to a differenet debt collector, or perhaps they are preparing to sell the debt.

My bggest concern at this point would be that they may be preparing to sell the debt.

If they take that path, you can no longer pay them, and will have a new party to deal with.  That new debt collector may chose to immediately report to a CRA without any requirement to first contact you or send dunning notice prior to their reporting.

I would contact the OC and make a quick attempt to pay before you might lose that opportunity.

Message 9 of 10
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the responses...

I called the OC just now...talked to their collection department.  They said they recalled the debt because they wanted to deal with it.  ...they said that it's not being reported to the CRA's (which I already knew) and that it would never be reported if I make the payment.  They wanted the payment today...I asked if I could make payment Friday...you know how those ppl are...they insisted on today, so i'm gonna call em back and hopefully I can talk to a different person...if not, i'll pay today.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.