Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent Outsourcing jokers lol!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Convergent Outsourcing jokers lol!

So after a year of rebuilding and getting all of my old collections GONE, and scores all 690-710 FICO, I pulled my Experian last night to see multiple soft pulls from Convergent Outsourcing from 2013- just 2 weeks ago. No collection account.

So I call in today and this is in regards to a very old key bank checking charge off, Which the rep said went to collections January 8, 2008. Almost 8 years ago. So she said they do Not Report on credit for these accounts but it is still a collectible debt - am I to worry or am I safe here? Could these jokers somehow put a collection on my CR after 8 years ? The account charged off actually in 2005 but didn't go to collections until 08 apparently. The original charge off was $397 and they ballooned it to $900 which is why I told them to kiss my tan behind. Smiley Wink

Collection laws in this country need to change. Such a joke. People can't afford to pay their original debt, so we're going to tack on hundreds in fees to make it more affordable?! Should be illegal but I digress.

Am I safe? If I see a collection pop up from 8-11 years ago, smoke will come out my ears! Lol.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Convergent Outsourcing jokers lol!

They can't put it on your report - it is well past the 7 1/2 year time frame.

However, they can try to collect from you - and apparently they are......However, you are so far outside the SOL and a reporting time frame - that they should offer you to settle for something low.   Which is why they tack on so many fees.   Now they can try to settle the $900 they say you owe for $300 and basically the original debt is paid.   

Offer them something like $100 (10% or so) and get in writing that this is considered paid in full.   (If it is really your debt - if not - that is another story)

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Convergent Outsourcing jokers lol!

They can pound sand. I was a dumb college kid and I had requested key turn off my overdraft but they kept it on. I'll be honest - I was in dire straits age 18, and said screw it.

Last I spoke they wouldn't settle at all because it is a checking acct. so that debt can float in zombie land forever lol. Thank you for input. I knew I was safe from CR.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.