Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent Outsourcing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Convergent Outsourcing

Just thought I'd share my experiences from today with Convergent. I have two collection accounts with them, but only one was currently reporting to the CRA`s; the other is a little over 3 years old, but only recently acquired by them (they sent me a 35% settlement offer a couple weeks ago).

My desire was PFD for the reporting one, and to avoid having the other one report. Well, after going back and forth with two different reps, I failed at getting a PFD. They would not budge; and I was offering to PIF. I know some people have reported PFD luck with them, but I couldn't get it done. I was a pretty small bill, so I paid it anyway (paid online to hopefully stop the rep from getting a commission Smiley Very Happy ); guess I'll just have to wait for it to age off. Unless anyone can share a trick to getting rid of it...

I did have better luck on the one that isn't reporting yet, though. They agreed tho send me a letter indicating that they will not report the account to the CRA`s if I pay the settlement amount. So I'll be glad to at least dodge that bullet.

Bottom line: I could not gegg a PFD from Convergent Outsourcing. Your mileage may vary.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Convergent Outsourcing

I would wait for the balance to update to $0 on your reports then file a dispute with all the CRA's, if they don't respond it will just be removed. I have had luck with many many collections accounts like this after they have been paid off.

Quite odd they didn't agree to a PFD. I dealt with Convergent Outsourcing within the past month and read other users were having luck with it. I ended up just contacting the original creditor and paying them then requested that they halted all collections on the account, so they sent a letter to have it removed for me. I called to verify with Convergent and they said the balance was updated to $0 and they requested a removal. 

If they agreed to not report once the settlement has been paid my guess is that you'll maybe find some luck in disputing after it's PIF. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.