Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent Outsourcing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Convergent Outsourcing

Hello I am new here and to forums in general. 

Long story short: I am looking into buying my first home in the near future and have been working to fix my credit score. I researched and learned about using PFD instead of disputing a collection account after it's been paid as it looks more favorable on my credit report (from what I understand). 

I have negotiated 1 collection account to be deleted. Another company said that the collection will be deleted (not updated) after 30 days, and from what I've read of this company, this seems to be true ( I learned too late to get that in writing  before payment, so fingers crossed that is truthful). Now the last account with Convergent Outsourcing. They agreed to a settlement of below 50% (they offered me this number before I could give an offer), but they stated that they don't ever do PFD. They just update the account as paid. I asked, very politely to speak to a manager. He was very short tempered and rude and mirrored the answer that they don't do PFD and that that would be Tmobile's responsibility. 

Has anyone dealt with this company before? I am terrible at negotiating, but I am not sure what to say or do next. Should I just take their solid "no" and pay the settlement they offered me? I am considering hiring a credit repair company to get this and one other item taken care of, as I don't know the protocol from here. I have read so many horror stories about this company with them selling off the debt to another company once the debt is collected. 

I am pretty desperate to get my credit fixed asap. (High hopes anyway.) 

Any ideas or experiences with Convergent would be so helpful.

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Convergent Outsourcing

I also forgot to mention that I've attempted to call back and speak with someone different, as calmly and nicely as possible, however they keep sending me to the same agent. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

my brother actually had a sprint bill with convergent a year ago they refused to do pfd and were very rude so he filed a complaint against them with the CFPB and they deleted it off his credit reports and ceased collection on it this was a year ago

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

See if you can call t-mobile and see if you can pay them. Idk if they would do it, but some people have success with contacting the original creditor and paying them, and they can recall the debt from the CA..
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will look into that option. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
ventura407
Established Member

Did that ever work out for you?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection with Convergent.  Same story, no PFD.  What I did was contact the OC (Comcast) via their chat function, to ensure I had it documented, and asked if they would accept payment and recall the debt from Convergent.  They agreed, but it did not come off my report.  I then sent letters to every address I could find for Convergent asking them to remove from my credit profile since it had been paid in full with Comcast.  Shortly later I recieved a letter from Convergent stating it would be removed.  

I've had luck with both Convergent and Enhanced Recovery by dealing with the OC and then requesting removal.  

Good luck! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.