cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent/Sprint Success? Help on question ASAP!

tag
KungPaoSmurf

Convergent/Sprint Success? Help on question ASAP!

HI All-

So I just had an interesting evening, and wanted some advice. Began the recovery process of bad decisions on credit.  I have 4 baddies, and one of them is Convergent with Sprint for $869.24, DOFD=6/2008, and I'm still within SOL (6 yrs)  for my state, therefore I haven't done anything with it as of yet.  I also have never received anything from Convergent until this evening (see what happens when you update information, and start cleaning this stuff up, lol).

The letter stated they would settle the amount for $173.85 for full balance. With the help of this board, I call OC Sprint, and spoke with their Finance Department (800-639-6111, for anyone that want to use this in the future), they stated if I pay the full amount, they will recall the debt from Convergent, and send an updated invoice indicating payment. With the trusty help and guidance of my fellow repairers, I asked the CSR to provide this in writing, however the supervisor said they can not send anything in writing. So I need guidance.

1. Pay Sprint in Full (have no problem as it's my debt in doing this), get paperwork, and then DV Convergent?

2. If I do 1, will this ensure that Convergent is removed from all three CRA? 

3. Do I try to PFD Convergent for full amount to ensure removal from CRA?

Making sure that I'm doing this right after researching this board for a few months. Thank you to eveyone for the future help, and great information provided, much appreciated it. I really want this Collection off my records.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
freedom14
Valued Member

Re: Convergent/Sprint Success? Help on question ASAP!

I know this is an older post, but did you have any success with this? I'm in an almost identical situation with Sprint. Let me know!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.